Take Command!: CRJ-200 Mac Hotfix Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

The hotfix patch for Mac has now been released. This should fix the CTD (Crash To Desktop) error people were having on the Mac OS!

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1.1 hotfix update for the Take Command! CRJ-200. This patch mainly applies to Mac customers! All customers who have purchased the CRJ-200 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the CRJ-200 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the CRJ-200 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update!

The new installer will detect whether this is a new install, or if you already have a previous CRJ version installed. Depending on your current situation, the installer will run through the appropriate paths with you, including uninstalling all unnecessary items from the previous version!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

- Mac crash to desktop error resolved. This was caused by bad fonts in the Mac OS provided by Apple. We have implemented a workaround for those experiencing issues with this.

- Lite version patched to work with license system. Some people reported they could not get the Lite version to work. This is fixed in this small update.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

This looks like an installation error to me.

You seem to have an old version of vascore installed.

Remeber, the hotfix can not be installed over the 1.0 version, you have to update to 1.1 first and then apply the hotfix.

Or, did you by any means make a backup copy of the old vascore? Also this will hurt if there are two plugins with the same name loaded.

Philipp

Scout98, this looks like an activation issue:

Failed: Macintosh HD:Applications:X-Plane 9:Resources:plugins:shrink-wrap.plugin:mac.xpl. (The plugin refused to start by returning 0 from XPluginStart.)

Cameron will help you with this.

Philipp

Scout98, this looks like an activation issue:

Failed: Macintosh HD:Applications:X-Plane 9:Resources:plugins:shrink-wrap.plugin:mac.xpl. (The plugin refused to start by returning 0 from XPluginStart.)

Cameron will help you with this.

Philipp

Shrink Wrap reports this because you have removed Gizmo.plugin from your plugins folder. Either:

1) Put Gizmo back in to your plugins folder

2) Re-Install the CRJ and let it do it for you

Best,

Cameron

Sorry guys, still crashing.  Gizmo plugin installed. Updated from 1.1 to hotfix.  See attached logs.

Hi, Kyle,

Let's start fresh. Please do the following:

1. Download the following and run it: http://dev.x-plane.com/update/installers9/X-PlaneDemoInstallerMac.zip

2. Install the X-Plane Demo to a folder on your desktop.

3. When done, open the CRJ installer and install it to this demo version of X-Plane[

4. Open the X-Plane demo and the fresh install of the CRJ and see what happens from there.

Thanks!

Cameron,

That worked.  Any ideas why?  The prospect of reinstalling X-plane is kind of annoying, but whatever.  Let me know if there is a way around it.  Thanks for your help.

Hi, Kyle,

Yes. You've got a plugin conflict somewhere. Here's what you should do now that we know the CRJ actually DOES work on your system:

1. Remove ALL plugins from your X-Plane/Resources/Plugins folder, except for: vascore, shrinkwrap.plugin, and gizmo.plugin, XPLM.framework, XPLM.shlb, XPWidgets.framework, XPWidgets.shlb.

2. Now open your main X-Plane that was originally crashing with these plug-ins now removed.

3. If the CRJ now works, you may begin adding back your plugins one by one. Eventually you'll find the one that's causing your CRJ to crash.

Sorry to tell you Cameron, but it's acting a little fishy now.  Starts fine, but as soon as I engage the throttles the two instrument displays in front of the pilot (and co-pilot) along with the fmc goes blank.  Really weird.

Yes...this means you have not activated the CRJ.

I can't find the update,

can you post a screen shot here?

thanks,

Thomas.

Follow instructions as listed here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2444.msg23323#msg23323

new problem,

x-aviation tells me my password wrong.

I tried to get a new password but I have not received an email.

my mail : yuri2@netvision.net.il

password - in privet message.

thanks,

thomas.

another problem,