tkyler

Vans RV-6

In the truest tradition of a "tinkerer", I began work on an RV-6 to try some techniques before going on to the B200..which has many many more systems than a lowly experimental like the RV-6.  Welllll I got far enough along into it that I decided to just go ahead and complete it.  Here's some progress shots as the exterior paint comes along.  Still a bit o work to do on the paint kit and then I'll move on to animate the cockpit and release her.  This will be a "non-complex" offering and a low price to match.  It'll be full 3D though and is quite an immersive experience so far with the expansive canopy.

post-4-131369571126_thumb.jpg

Few in sim screenshots.  Still have to add more panel elements and get the panel / manipulators going.

post-4-131369571147_thumb.jpg

What is the objective for textures - perfect out of the factory or slightly used? Personally I like the slightly used variety. Solid colors carry no sense of reality for me. Some streaks and nicks do. This is especially true for the interior where serious simmers spend their time in contrast to super-human fliers who are mostly in chase mode. As always I am sure the flight model will be as good as X-Plane allows.

What is the objective for textures - perfect out of the factory or slightly used? Personally I like the slightly used variety. Solid colors carry no sense of reality for me. Some streaks and nicks do. This is especially true for the interior where serious simmers spend their time in contrast to super-human fliers who are mostly in chase mode. As always I am sure the flight model will be as good as X-Plane allows.

A bit of both actually.  There will be multiple textures to cater to different preferences.  I am in agreement that the "slightly used" variety is best and will certainly be "dirtying it up" when the time comes.

I definatly want this My Dad built one and I have done a skin of his for the default rv6 . Its about time someone did a proper version of the RV6

looking forward to this

Someday.  Every now and then I look at it and think "I can finish this in 2 weeks"...then go back to my other projects.  One day I'll take the 2 weeks it'll take and finish it up...it is certainly far enough along to not ignore.

• Upvote 1

...it is certainly far enough along to not ignore.

Definitely.  I'll be one of the first in line to purchase  :)  I'm enjoying the Mu-2 and Falco immensely..

Darrell

Hi Tom,

That's fantastic. In 2 weeks I'm flying to Santa Cruz to my brother and we'll fly RV-6 around the US and going to Toronto. So I'll record the real sounds of course. But we really need even simple sound plugin to properly use different engine rpm etc... There are many different sound sources in the airplane which I can record and edit. So stay tuned...

regards

arti