XPSaitek plugin crash

Tompolth

Hello,

I have installed the new version of CRJ-200 but the XPSaitek plugin doesn't work yet and the XP crash if the plugin is activated. I understand you don't plan to use this plugin in your developments however I think it should not cause any error when it is present. Any other plane in xplane has caused any error like this.

regards

Ok.. we cannot give support for hardware, but lets see what have to say Philipp. To solve compatibility we could send a CRJ200 to Saitek, but who knows if they would fix it.

It doesn't matter if with other aircrafts you don't have these CTD with the Saitek. The CRJ200 is far away more complex than other Aircrafts. Lots of variables inside.

We will try to do our best, but we cannot promise anything about hardware support (because we don't have those hardware.. and we cannot buy every hardware in market)...

I can confirm that the CRJ-200 works with a (fairly basic) profile when used with the Saitek MFD plugin and X-Plane 9.6x (sorry, can't remember the actual version). "Saitek MFD Pro" plugin is not, however, "XPSaitek" plugin. Maybe switching is an option for the OP though?

I have the same problem with XPSaitek plugin for windows. Specially with the Multipanel (Autopilot) and the Switchpanel.

For the Multipanel it could be a problem with the pitch trim and the ATH switch.

It's not a Saitek plugin but the one developed by floegl that you can find here : http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10161.

Any way, congratulation for your great job on this wonderful plane; :)

Pierre

Boys I am quite sure that the crashes occurs cause you cannot adress the saitek panel to the CRJ datarefs or commands. Some default datarefs seem to work in the CRJ like HEAD, SPEED, ALT, VSPEED etc - but using this seems to interfere the logic inside the CRJ. I did several tests when I wrote the custom commands and got a lot of crashes with default commands / datarerfs. Cause this issue I wrote the big list for custom joystick commands or keystroke for the CRJ. Unfortunately the Saitek Panels are using a plugin which relates on the default commands. If you are clever enough to change the plugin that it will use the custom joystick commands I am quite sure that the crashes are gone. Since I am using only the custom commands of the CRJ I did several flights without that problem.

I know I critize a lot sometimes a bit hard - but in this case I am sure that the problem is not the CRJ - it is the plugin of the saitek panel. The VRINSIGHT MCP PANEL allows to adress whatever you want - I am using this with my custom commands and it works quite good. Maybe you ask the author of the saitek panel plugin to change the code for the CRJ - this would work I guess.

Regards Tom