Work in Progress Renders

Goran,

Are you modeling in Blender? 

Either he is or he's caused some other program to display 'Blender' in the title bar in those screenshots!

(Actually, he might be working in, say, AC3D or Max or Rhino or Google Sketchup or Microsoft Excel and then importing the mesh to Blender for Blender-specific purposes - but I'm pretty sure he's said elsewhere in the thread he's using Blender for everything.)

Hello goran, really nice work !

Why have you chose the earlier prop version ?

I mean teh DC-3 always used Hamilton Standart constant speeds prop but the earlier version got prop with " thin " blades which are thin near the root ( near the hub ) and got their wider point on the middle of the blade.

Latest version like C-47 got props like B-17, which are Wider near the hub and go thiner and thiner when go to the tips, in my opinion, they are more beautiful, what do you think about it ?

Anyway, really looking forward to it , good luck !

Goran,

Are you modeling in Blender? 

Yes, mostly in Blender

Hello goran, really nice work !

Why have you chose the earlier prop version ?

I mean teh DC-3 always used Hamilton Standart constant speeds prop but the earlier version got prop with " thin " blades which are thin near the root ( near the hub ) and got their wider point on the middle of the blade.

Latest version like C-47 got props like B-17, which are Wider near the hub and go thiner and thiner when go to the tips, in my opinion, they are more beautiful, what do you think about it ?

Anyway, really looking forward to it , good luck !

Who said we're only making one prop variant?

:)

It was just a personal preference.  I just like how these props looked.  I have made the other props as well and it will come down to whether we include both props in separate flight models or just one prop.

Looks good.

My only gripe would be that the instrument markings look a little blurred / low res.

Colours on them look quite authentic.

Yes I agree from looking at that picture but thats just Blenders completely inadequate render engine :D

These gauges are higher res than our Duchess. About the same clarity as the BK-117...

This more what you can expect but with nicer anti aliasing ;)...

post-664-131369615628_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm very interested in this project, way more than the Saab.

I've bought my first " LES Aircraft " some days ago, and I was so impressed, I would love to see an iconic plane such as the DC-3 in X-Plane skies ..

Do you know when could we expect a release ? After the Saab is released ?

Cheers, Valentin.

I'm very interested in this project, way more than the Saab.

I've bought my first " LES Aircraft " some days ago, and I was so impressed, I would love to see an iconic plane such as the DC-3 in X-Plane skies ..

Do you know when could we expect a release ? After the Saab is released ?

Cheers, Valentin.

Hi James

Going by what I know about the Saab and it's release, the DC-3 will almost definitely be out after the Saab is done. How long after? It's too early to tell at this point. I'll try for a Pre-Christmas finish.

Edited by Goran_M