Work in Progress Renders

It looks like it just came off the Douglas assembly line, and while thats nice, we can't forget the DC-3's that have been going strong for the last 50-60+ years...

She needs more grease, grime, dirt, etc.  All in all, it looks excellent.

What if it's a REALLY well maintained DC-3?

http://duggy.com/DUGGY2010/Photos.html

And yes, we're making that repaint.  Almost a crime if we didn't.

Ahhh that's cool.  My uncle is a doctor there at UND.  He gives all the physicals to the pilot students or whatever you refer to them as.

Small world...

Wouldn't be Doc Jensen would it? Drop me a PM.

</threadjack>

That gear looks really good Goran. Keep it up!

But back on topic, there's no such thing as a "clean" DC-3.  Just doesn't happen, but this ACF looks amazing.  Only wish we could get a Super Connie made too! :)

Inspired! The SC was one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built

Hmm, a super connstellation.

Same era as the DC-3.  Almost identical cockpit gauges.  Engineers station.

Don't get me started!  I got a couple of Boeings to get through.

;D

(I can imagine Theo telling me "We have to do a Constellation")

Don't tease me like that!  Whereas the DC-3 opened up Trans-continental air travel for America, the Super Connie opened up Inter-continental air travel for the world.  Both equal as milestone aircraft, and extremely popular across the globe (and drop-dead gorgeous to boot!).  I can't wait to see the former, but I'm glad the thought of the latter peque's your interest.

I foresee a ramp similar to this:

dc-3_2connies.jpg

Our order of projects as it stands:

Saab

DC-3

Duchess and Sundowner updates

747-200/400

Hawker 4000

There are reasons for this particular order and it serves as the most efficient with regards to programming, modelling and texturing.

For example, the INS for the 747-200 will serve as a starting point for the 747-400 FMC.  Then that, and the systems for the -400 will serve as a foundation for the Hawker 4000 FMC and systems. 

Maybe, if no one else does it, we'll do a Constellation as a side project while the Boeings are being done.  The other projects that were included in the poll have not been discounted either.

But, we'll take it all 1 step at a time and make sure we don't get lost in the process.

Our order of projects as it stands:

Saab

DC-3

Duchess and Sundowner updates

747-200/400

Hawker 4000

There are reasons for this particular order and it serves as the most efficient with regards to programming, modelling and texturing.

For example, the INS for the 747-200 will serve as a starting point for the 747-400 FMC.  Then that, and the systems for the -400 will serve as a foundation for the Hawker 4000 FMC and systems. 

Maybe, if no one else does it, we'll do a Constellation as a side project while the Boeings are being done.  The other projects that were included in the poll have not been discounted either.

But, we'll take it all 1 step at a time and make sure we don't get lost in the process.

All of which I immensely look forward to.  Can't wait to see the next update to the DC-3 and still eagerly await the release of the Saab