Some minor problems

PapaMosh

Hi,

first let me say I love this plane. I'm relatively new to X-Plane after making a pause for years in aviation simulations. That means it is possible the reason for one or other problem is in some setting issues. But I hope I can find any suggestions here.

I'm using X-Plane in the latest stable version, PilotView, REXHD and of course the Mentor 1.1 on Windows 7 64bit. No other tools. I'm using the improved version by Lukasz.

1. Pilot disappeared

After installation and looking around the bird I saw the pilot sitting in front as expected. After some setting corrections with TrackIR and joystick axis, the pilot disappears. Quitting and reloading the app changes nothing. My pilot disappears forever :-)

2. Prop leverage

I've assigned one of my axis to the propeller leverage. This works perfectly but visually in the 3D Cockpit the leverage is only operating in the full increased zone some centimeters, not the full range. But in the simulation it seems to operate in the full range. That means if I reduce the propeller completely the Prop Tacho shows it.

3. ADF Power settings

The ADF power switch does nothing. If I press the ADP test knob, the ADF is switched off and I'm not able to switch it on.

Please keep up this great working and btw I'm sure my next bird - after I'm more comfortable with X-Plane and IFR procedures - will be the CRJ200.

Many greetings from germany

PapaMosh

Hello. I am not in front of the computer right now, but i can answer one of your questions. The pilot dissappears inside view. So if you move outside with trackir or keys from inside view, then you won't see it never. This is made because clipping polygons of the pilot. But if you set external view with a keythen you will see him.

About other problems i will try to answer them when possible, but it is estrange the issue with throttle. I only give support to my version, not Lukasz, but will take a look.

Thanks

Hi Javier,

thanks a lot for the quick answer.

I've tried your original act and there the prop leverage conditioner works fine. But the ADF Power know issue is also present in this act. I've noticed the transponder is not operable means it is sticked to off.

Greetings

PapaMosh

ADF and transponder work good, on both versions. I've just loaded the plane to make sure. Both are "grab and drag" type (instead of "click" type), so you have to point the mouse over the switch, click and hold left button and then move the switch with the mouse movement. Both are operated with mouse move towards the nose or tail of the aircraft (along longtitudinal axis). Clicking alone won't do anything.

As for the propeller lever, it's a known issue. It's because when I've changed propeller modelling, it has also changed the data streams that are connected to it. And since the prop lever is animated by one of such data streams, when the data changed, so did the animation (dataref is the same, but the numbers going out of it are different). Right now the propeller behaves correctly, it's only the lever animation, that's off, but it doesn't have any influence on how the plane flies.

Hey, great support here. Many thanks.

Yes I've tried the click and drag on the transponder in longitudial direction. But for the transponder it has to be moved in the lateral direction. And for the ADF I didnt tried it this way. Great now it works for me. The animation issue on the prop leverage conditioner is not important for me.

One more question concerning the differences between the two versions. In Javier's version at full throttle I get something above 1400 ft-lb torque. In Lukasz version I'm not able to maintain more than 700 ft-lb torque. What is the reason for this? This means I'm not able to maintain up to 1015 ft lb torque as in the Flight Manual T-34C suggested. The Lukasz version feels great in approach and landing because it reacts smooth on inputs, but it seems to lack performance for acrobatic flying.

Or did I miss again something ;-)

Have a close look at the gauges' readings vs. real values that the plane is operating with. It's my version of the flight model, at full throttle. The reason for the difference is, that some gauges are still calibrated to the original Javier's engine model. It's also a known issue, which will be adressed after Javier has more time, with regards to CRJ and X-Plane 10 development, that he's taking part in.

That's correct, that the plane feels "less powerfull", but remember, that's a relatively heavy aluminium and somehow old design, military training aircraft, not a modern composite aerobatic one. Loops are still possible, provided you have plenty of entry airspeed and you carefully manage it throughout the maneuver. Use G-load meter and AOA indicator for a reference.

post-1467-131369609275_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...