Embraer 195

Guest xp9videos

Alright  I did some research. I think an Embraer 190 would be a better choice of aircraft. Only because the Embraer 195 has only a few un interesting operators. So If you would prefer 190 more than 195 please post on the poll ASAP. Thanks.

Embraer 190 (or ERJ 190-100) — In August 2006, 36 Embraer 190 aircraft (all variants) are in airline service, with 249 orders. Operators include Air Canada with 45 aircraft and JetBlue Airways with 27 aircraft (and 80 firm orders). Other orders include 57 aircraft for US Airways

Embraer 195 (or ERJ 190-200) — In August 2006, there were 36 orders for the Embraer 195 aircraft (all variants), from Royal Jordanian (7), Flybe (14), Deutsche Lufthansa for its Air Dolomiti subsidiary (5) and Swiss International Air Lines. Flybe has taken delivery of the first Embraer 195 Jets (15).

*Source wikipedia*

Progress with the doors.

post-632-131369573426_thumb.png

STOP CUTTING HOLES FOR DOORS AND WINDOWS. That is the LAST step. Yes, the caps mean yelling. You can cut em now, but I highly suggest novice modelers wait until the end to do it as it can cause some serious, SERIOUS problems. See if you can revert back to a previous version without all the holes.

-Nick

Nick, you're going to bust a blood vessel in your head.

Rafael, you don't have to worry about doors and windows yet.  Yes, there is a way to model the doors and windows while building the fuse but it's kind of for more experienced modellers where you build the object around the hole.  It's a bit tedious but if you mess something up, it will be a disaster.  And takes some practise.  You should finish the major parts first.  Fuse, wings, vertical and horizontal stabilizors.  THEN start cutting things out.

Goran

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while now. Ive been keeping the Embraer project on the low and will continue to do so. Ive worked on the main gear for about 4 days now and here is what ive got. My blender skills have gotten better and over the past month I have read 3 blender books/manuals in my spare time and feel I can go on alone. I may ask for some advice later but for now Id like to thank Nick and Goran for their help.

post-632-131369574157_thumb.png

I need to see the mesh from more of an oblique angle. For the brake picture, do the same but turn the viewpoint 25-30 degrees to the right. For the main strut picture, increase the elevation about the same. I'm trying to see how all of those various diameter cylinders are put together.

PS: If they could be made larger as well it would help.

Goran,

I know that alot of the gear parts are off. These are about 3 days off. I have everything fixed and in place. Even after that many things were missing. I am still working on it. I only had a front and side picture of it from airliners.net. but now I have diagnal angles from a partner in the project. I have professional help from a embraer pilot and professional 3d modeller so I think I have got it undercontrol. Thanks anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive finished and textured the new main landing gear and now Im starting on the nose landing gear. Texturing the main landing gear I will probably do it again till it looks right and get the right technique. I have started another project about 2 weeks ago and its progressing really smoothly. I probably will announce it when I finish this one. (Probably Janurary or Febuary). So right after I finish all the landing gear (we) thats right WE will have the entire external model finished. Ive got a new partner on the project as many of you should probably know. Ive started gathering sounds as those are part of a great feeling while flying a plane. Again Im not going to announce the project yet because people will start telling me stuff I dont want to hear. So im pretty much just moving along where the road takes me.

-Rafael x-l

Are you not going to post different pics of the gear mesh? I am fairly certain you would be significantly benefited by it...I see that you are moving pretty quick. While your skills have evolved significantly over the past months, I think it would be a mistake to believe that you are beyond basic help. Remember, it's a long road to the top...