Embraer 195

Guest xp9videos

DO NOT USE BOOLEAN TO CUT ANY HOLES. FOR GOD'S SAKE, DO NOT DO IT!!!! The proper tool to use is retopo. If you try to boolean holes into fuses, you're gonna end up with a steaming pile of triangle dookie. Plus, the re-topo method is MUCH easier. You can find out how to do this on the belnder.org forums. If not, I can do a quick and dirty tutorial on it.

I quit using the Boolean tool in Blender, at least for aircraft. I remember 3DsMax did a better job with Booleans.

Here is another tutorial on windows. I personally don't like cutting windows out on large aircraft, especially when airlines have their own specifications. Regional aircraft are fine. Cutting windows on long haul monsters could make trouble for painters.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=38874&pid=436181&st=0&#entry436181

The nose looks nice for now, what ever you do don't cut out the cockpit windows. I can see a problem you will face if you decide to knife or Boolean those.

It's up to you, but the retopo is faster, easier, burns less faces, and gives a better result IMHO. You can do it the way Scooter describes, but all you're really doing is manually retopo-ing. Both ways will give you more or less the same result, but the way everyone I know does it is retopo.

DO NOT USE BOOLEAN TO CUT ANY HOLES. FOR GOD'S SAKE, DO NOT DO IT!!!! The proper tool to use is retopo. If you try to boolean holes into fuses, you're gonna end up with a steaming pile of triangle dookie. Plus, the re-topo method is MUCH easier. You can find out how to do this on the belnder.org forums. If not, I can do a quick and dirty tutorial on it.

LOL, Nick, did you bring the crosses and Holy water as well?

:)

I pretty much don't like the Boolean either, but I think in some cases, it works well.  I don't like the way Blender does it sometimes.  It works well with simple objects but not so well with more complex polys.

I tried Retopo with the holes that are in the main wheels (Teardrop shape) but it was a real problem for me.  I tried Boolean and it worked great, albeit with a few extra vertices (Read few as a bag full of them).  But I wasn't going to work on them after that so I think the wheels turned out exactly how I wanted them to.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No flap extends simply by translating out or sliding. While there is a translation, the first dent is usually 1 degree. Slight rotation, but a rotation nonetheless. Anyhoo, this can be done relatively simply, and possibly without even using keyframes if you're good. But certainly doesn't require a plug-in. Keep in mind, the hardest part is not always the modeling, but the animation; flaps in particular. It took me about 30000 attempts before I finally got the MD-11 flaps working properly.