How to simulate 2D panels inside CRJ200

Japo32

Hello!

I have been reading in post that people cannot manage the plane in 3D. They give up flying it because they cannot see how to move the mouse and pilot same time. For that reason I included several cameras for the plugin Pilot View, that can be downloaded here:

http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm

I recomend the install, not only for people that want to have this 2D simulation, but also trackir users.

Ok..

In this plugin you can define your views, so you can then access them with hotkeys. 8 different views are possible and I include some of them in 1.0 version (and also 1.1 version defining them better). BUT you can change them and save the new positions... So you can choose those views that are confortable for you.

Once you are there, you can access the different panels by pressing the hotkeys you define, and move mouse like a normal 2D, but also with ARROW KEYS you can pan that cameras.. NOT LOOSING the position you saved (only have to press again the hotkey of that view to return to it).

Soooo those people that are lost inside 3D cockpits and don't want to fly the CRJ200 now they don't have an excuse because of this.

Here is a video I have made. Better a video than words.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Has anybody managed to make this work on a Mac? I have spent about an hour on Google now to figure out how to define the presets in the ini file. The closest I came was someone using the number keys on the keypad ... but have I no keypad on my keyboard.

I would really like to use the number keys for presets, but nothing seems to work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Knudsen

I don't know anything about Mac but it took me 4 hours to figure out how to handle the presets on windows and I guess it's just the same on Mac. Will try to help you.

First of all: Did you read the pilot view manual? If not, do it (download via sandy barbours homepage).

Do you know how to set keys for plugin-commands in general?

I want do make sure I don't waste time explaining things you already know...

Cheers

Flo

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi FloB,

Thanks for taking your time trying to assist me. Yes, I did read the manual, but it is very brief and doesn't really do a great job of explaining how to configure the keys.

I don't know how to set keys for plugin-commands in general. I tried adding different keys in the ini-file (at least, that is what I thought I did), and I also made sure to remove them from the "standard" settings in X-Plane in order to avoid conflicts. However, it still didn't work.

Thanks,

Michael