List of all CRJ datarefs: cockpit builders, heat up your soldering irons

philipp

Ah, I see I misunderstood. Thanks for your response. I had in mind that it was some way to expand the possible assignments for the joystick/yoke buttons. So do I now understand correctly that these datarefs only report info rather than perform some action as I previously had in mind?

No, some of these datarefs are writeable and they actually perform actions in the cockpit, like pressing a button or turning a knob. I think what you are after are the scripts to tie these actions to joystick buttons. Just take a look here: The plugin xjoymap http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11720 and the config file for the CRJ-200: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13581

Philipp

• Upvote 1

That looks like what I had in mind. I'll have to give that a try. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Edit: Yes indeed, that was exactly what I was looking for. It is so nice to have keyboard access to all of those wonderful popups. And now to decide what else to map. Thank you again!

Edited by garrettm30

• 2 months later...

Hello Pilots,

I was looking the dataref list posted by Philip. I found a lot of dataref and finaly I set up my MPC COMBO to work with the CRJ-200. But I can´t find the dataref for the Emergency Light and the Logo Lights. I don´t know if they are in the list with other name or I need to find them in the x-plane dataref list like the smoke signal and belts signal also with other name because looking for emergency lights I can not find anything.

thanks in advance.

Good flights to everyone.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

as I wrote in http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=56479&hl= ,

I'm trying to find the dataref of the light test in the CRJ-200, I can't find it inside the custom dataref file provided by Philipp, and tried to install the dataref editor, but had no luck even with that.

Did any of you succeed to find out which is the dataref for the light (LAMP) test? I want to use it in a control routine for a cockpit panel I'm building, so to light up all the leds when the LAMP test is triggered...

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I am trying to use the CRJ200's speed datarefs in a FlyWithLua script but without luck for the moment.

It looks like CRJ/spd/v1 and CRJ/spd/v1_value (and similar for vr, v2, vt) do not exist (anymore).

I am also a bit confused about the following piece in CRJ-Datarefs.h

//SPD BUTTONS
#define CRJ_SPD_SEL_BTN       "CRJ/spd/sel_button"
// 0 = VT 1 = V1 2 = VR 3 = V2
#define CRJ_SPD_SEL           "CRJ/spd/sel_button"

According to the comment it should be possible to switch between VT, V1, VR and V2 but in reality it only operates the speed selection button. It is possible that this part of the .h file contains a typo and that the dataref for choosing which speed to access has another name?

Edit: I am currently using version 1.5.3 of the CRJ200.
Edited by rlanssiers

• 2 years later...

I did install the dataref tool, was able to find most of what I needed.

The external CDU is very unstable on my system. Phillip and I have been trying to figure out why.

Flight plan info does not seem like it is available in the datarefs. All I can find is the next waypoint, not the entire flight plan. So reproducing the map MFD is impossible?

I'm not a huge fan of the external CDU on the CRJ, the buttons do not line up with click areas properly, and the view is not straight on, and also, since it is in a browser window it has an ugly border that does not mesh with my other external panels well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am the owner/creator of Blue Sky Star Simulations, inc.

Have started to make custom sounds for CRJ200, based on custom plugin, examples of my work you can find here:

http://www.blueskystar.net/

Have coupled with real world pilots to get the best out of this soundpack

Although I have trouble contacting the developers of CRJ - I need more datarefs. Most of the datarefs I was able to pull from the list posted by Phillip long time ago, but some things I can't still find, for example 2 of the three landing lights switches refs. I tried to write to Javier earlier - no luck (perhaps the e-mail is old).

I need contacts of developers so I can get fullest list of Datarefs.

Please help,

Thank you.

Vasiliy Stas

Blue Sky Star Simulations

• Downvote 1

This is the definitive list of all CRJ-specific datarefs.

There are no secret or hidden datarefs. What is not in this list uses simply X-Plane's default datarefs. So are the landing lights. The landing light switches in the overhead panel are tied to sim/cockpit2/switches/landing_lights_switch[0] to [2]

• 2 years later...