mini EHSI on 2nd monitor

julian2

Hi all,

version 1.3 is awesome. But is there a way to display the mini EHSI popup und a second monitor? I use two monitors. One for the cockpit and a second one below for Instruments like PFD, ND, etc. I would love to have the EHSI on that second screen.

Thanks a lot

Julian

I would also like to add to that common request, output to a network would be superb. In the meantime though it is possible to use Texture Extractor and Air Manager to build multi-monitor or networked panels. I just did a flight STN-EDI with version 1.3 in the latest XP beta to check everything still works. Apologies for the photo quality and this is a test rig - the instruments are off to the side - but hopefully it shows the concept. I also have centre MIP and overhead running in Air Manager, but still a lot to do, and I'm looking forward to dataref availability being expanded.

I couldn't see anything glaring that had stopped working that hasn't already been posted so to second Julian's comment - version 1.3 is awesome, thank you IXEG team.

IMG_1026.jpg?raw=1

5 hours ago, BW901 said:

I would also like to add to that common request, output to a network would be superb. In the meantime though it is possible to use Texture Extractor and Air Manager to build multi-monitor or networked panels. I just did a flight STN-EDI with version 1.3 in the latest XP beta to check everything still works. Apologies for the photo quality and this is a test rig - the instruments are off to the side - but hopefully it shows the concept. I also have centre MIP and overhead running in Air Manager, but still a lot to do, and I'm looking forward to dataref availability being expanded.

I couldn't see anything glaring that had stopped working that hasn't already been posted so to second Julian's comment - version 1.3 is awesome, thank you IXEG team.

IMG_1026.jpg?raw=1

Wow this is awesome. That is exactly what I am looking for. This would make the IXEG the perfect aircraft for me. Can you explain how you did the panel on the second screen? Is the EHSI fully working with the magenta line and wx radar?

Best regards 

Julian

Thanks Jan. My commercial department said we need to modernise the fleet so I'm in the process of modifying my rig from a -200 to a -300.:)

Julian the EADI and EHSI are extracted using a programme called XTexture Extractor by Wayne 1234. Search on x-plane .org and you'll find the file. There's also a Github link as I think you'll need to run an earlier version if you're using the Vulcan beta. It replicates what's displaying on your IXEG EADI and EHSI. The only downside is that it won't refresh if you are in outside view, but for me that's not an issue.

The rest of the panel is WIP by me using software called Air Manager - it's payware from siminnovations.com. With it you can run external instruments or complete panels on the same PC as XPlane or FSX/P3D or on a networked computer. They have literally hundreds of ready-made instruments you can download, but they are mainly GA and for the Boeings 737NG. It's incredibly powerful and allows the user to develop their own instruments so a couple of years ago I set to work on the 737-200, which I now have fully working across 5 monitors, with a Cockpits4You throttle and CPFlight navcom. As an example here's the 732 MIP I produced which is split across three 27" monitors.

MIPv2_small.jpg?raw=1

So I'm doing the same now for the 737-300. The MIP is as done as I can be until more IXEG datarefs are available, and the overhead is a work in progress. So far the overhead has converted very nicely, I just have a few issues with a couple of momentary switches which I can't get Air Manager to hold in position (eg APU start), but as switch position dataref looks like part of future update hopefully we can overcome those minor glitches. After a few days it already works well enough to allow me to externally control the overhead for a full flight from start-up to shutdown.

Overhead_WIP.jpg?raw=1

The eagle-eyed will spot the particular panel modules which haven't yet been modified from 737-200 to 737-300 standard. This will be split across 2 monitors so it's nice and large.

The great thing with Air Manager is that if you want to take things further hooking up multiple Arduino's and adding switches, buttons, LEDs and servos to build physical panels is very easy, literally a couple of lines of code for each switch or LED.

I will look to make these panels available at some point in the future, though online support's not something I want to have to get into!!

Hope this gives you some inspiration.

Cheers

• Like 1