Thrust reverser lever animation...

vnangli

First things first. Congratulations to the IXEG team for this update, you made my weekend.

While I was checking out the details of the updates, I noticed that the Thrust reverser levers in the cockpit do not animate.

Basically,  I have mapped keys on my joystick ONE to TOGGLE THRUST REVERSER LEVER and another key to APPLY MAX REVERSER THRUST. Now when I engage thrust reverser using my joystick keys, I am seeing that the actual thrust reverser levers in the throttle quadrant don’t animate to confirm Thrust reverser in action. Sometimes there is a lag in the animation and sometimes there is absolutely no animation. But the external view confirms thrust reverser engagement. 

Is there a sequence that I should follow? So that I see the levers animate...

Hi vnangli,

the way this is implemented is to click "toggle reverse thrust" - and then use your REGULAR thrust levers to apply the reverse thrust. You want to be able to modulate reverse thrust, not only apply if at maximum level.

Most airports nowadays don´t allow use of maximum reverse thrust (for noise reasons) except when "operationally" required.

Even if this is not the case, using maximum reverse is rather the exception - the most common settings is idle reverse, or maybe reverse of 50% N1 or so.

Cheers, Jan

Hi,

Thank you for the update!  Just took the 733 v1.3 for a first spin in VR. 

Noticed that when pulling only the no.2 T/R lever that both no.2 and no. 1 T/R levers move up, but only no. 2 engine goes into reverse.

On the other hand, when pulling only no.1 T/R lever, the no.1 engine does go into reverse, but the T/R levers remain in the forward thrust position.  Seems the is a bug with the animation of the T/R levers. Would be nice if you could look into it. 

Thanks!

Werner

Hi Werner,

yeah, there are quite some fish to fry with our throttle animation/operation/manipulation. I will see if we can at least fix this to animate both levers always as a quick fix - correct independent animation/operation will have to wait until we give the whole throttle system a complete makeover.

Cheers, Jan