Cruise Power Help

dmaskell

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but would like to seek other's input about whether I have something set up wrong in my sim or not. 

When Cruising in the TBM900 I'm having issues above about 25000ft or so keeping with the ITT Maxing out before the Torque reaches its Normal Cruise setting, whether that be the white arc on the G1000 or the Performance table in the POH. I've attached some screenshots so you can see what I'm referring to. 

As I said, I don't know if this is just the way it behaves (either because of sim restrictions or real-life behaviour) or whether it's just something about how I'm setting it up or my settings in X-Plane.

I've attached three screenshots, One of the G1000 when I run 800 degrees ITT, another when I try to get to the white arc and it maxes out the ITT at 840 before the torque reaches it's setting, and the final one is from the POH showing the performance line closest to my configuration. 

I don't have the experimental flight model option in X-Plane turned on. I don't know if that makes any difference for this or not.

Thanks in advance,

David

TBM900 - 2020-05-23 7.54.04 PM.png

TBM900 - 2020-05-23 7.54.38 PM.png

2020-05-23.png

Thanks for a fast reply!
Just ran it with the Experimental flight model turned on, however, unfortunately, I still hit ITT limit before the white indicator on the torque gauge (am I correct in my understanding that the white mark is the normal cruise?).

Reloaded and restarted the sim a couple of times to try to make sure it was loading with the experimental flight model. Also tried turning the Air Conditioner off as a curiosity to see if it did anything.

I'll attach my Xplane log file as well idk it will help, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

I've noticed it doing this since I first installed it around 9 months ago or so. Since then there has been a version update, so I'm not sure if something corrupted in the initial install and it's saved the state or something or whether I'm flying it wrong or whether my understanding is wrong.

During the Climb, it's becoming ITT Limited around 24000ft. 

Log.txt

TBM900 - 2020-05-24 17.08.56.png

TBM900 - 2020-05-24 17.15.15.png

Thank you very much! 

I was looking at the engine but somehow didn't see any warnings on the maintenance. I suspect I was just looking for the green indicator and not reading more thoroughly what it was saying. 

Sounds about right though, takeoff on my first flight, over-torque it a bit too much as I get used to the throttle and then it breaks my engine for future flights. 

Flying happily now without any issues (apart from my computer's performance LOL, but that has nothing to do with the TBM).

Thanks for all your help!

TBM900 - 2020-05-24 8.27.42 PM.png

TBM900 - 2020-05-24 8.48.10 PM.png

TBM900 - 2020-05-24 8.49.17 PM.png