SeaMax WIP (fuselage)

Japo32

Hi!!! Because now I am stopped with the creation of the CRJ, because is on the queue for programming, I decided to start a little project, that I think it will be ready before the CRJ.

That type of planes I like them most!! and a few months ago I decided that I would like to make a seaplane. Looking over internet I found this little beauty and wrote the developer of the real plane. He was very kind and answered me sending info that is making me possible to build it.

Now the flight model is working and building the obj fuselage.

I can show you this renders.. to start with my 4th baby!

post-5-131369569257_thumb.jpg

post-5-131369569266_thumb.jpg

post-5-131369569274_thumb.jpg

Simply outstanding! I've said it twice, and I'l say it again for this plane; you have my sale guaranteed! On your second shot, I see there is a float on the back, I haven't seen this in any real seamax pics, is this a variant you are implementing?

Simply outstanding! I've said it twice, and I'l say it again for this plane; you have my sale guaranteed! On your second shot, I see there is a float on the back, I haven't seen this in any real seamax pics, is this a variant you are implementing?

Jason,

That's the float hanging down from the left wing.

Wow, I'm really excited that are you doing this plane.  My biggest complaint with FSX (I use all flight simulators) is that it does not have a SeaMax...but now XP9 will have an awesome one  ;D  I will look forward to purchasing this plane when it is complete!

-Jonathan

Just a question: I'm not sure if this is so with the SeaMax, but will you make it so that if you have the landing gear open while in water malfunctions may happen, or the plane will sink? Just a thought though.

Thanks

Just a question: I'm not sure if this is so with the SeaMax, but will you make it so that if you have the landing gear open while in water malfunctions may happen, or the plane will sink? Just a thought though.

Thanks

That won't happen, because if you see the youtube video, then you can see the landing gear is lowered on watter.. No problem with that.

Other thing is if it is waterlanding with it lowered.. I don't know if it could handdle the pressure over the landing gears...

Just a question about the textures. ( the model shows excellent )

Do you use cropped fuselage and wing textures ?

As a repainter I am always hoping we will get uncropped textures wich can be painted in high quality , wich cannot be achieved on cropped ones.

In other words , can I paint a circle on the fuse-texture without getting a wide unsharp oval on the model in sim?

Best regards

Leen de Jager

The way I use to unwrap textures is always the same.. I cut them, and relax them. When I relax them I look very close to the pixel aspect ratio so a circle on the texture will be a circle on the model. BUT.. sometimes this is imposible to have, because I have to compress al the model on a square very compressed. Don't misunderstand my "compress" I never break the pixel ratio so never scale non proportional a model on the texture unwrapping, but when applying a relax there is always a low number of polygons that will stress the pixel because I preffer now to make a "cut" with bigger pieces to make easier to the painters to paint them.

anyway... for future painters.. If you have photoshop CS4 or Bodypaint 3D, you can paint in 3D without any problem. I usually paint the stripes on those programs.. and then make normal colour on standard photoshop, gimp.. or whatever.