Tow Bar will not disappear

rayand

I am seeing the towbar always on my TBM900 - clean install of X-Plane 11.
I noticed that there is an entry in the log file that is a bit suspicious:
2020-05-16 14:51:51 TBM900[shader.c:429]: Cannot load shader C:\Users\ray.WESTBROOKE\Desktop\X-Plane 11\\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\data\librain\droplets.comp.glsl430: compile error: ERROR: 1:78: 'location qualifer' : the "location" qualifier cannot be used when a "binding" qualifier is also provided. Use "offset" instead 

I am upgrading my laptop from one with Intel UHD Graphics 620 so I can run faster - but this might be a differen problem?

The first problem is you are using an on board GPU.  You are getting an error for the librain droplets (our custom rain effects) because the onboard GPU cannot process them.  

On board GPU's are not recommended to run any graphically intensive software, such as X-Plane, and certainly not any 3rd prty add ons.  The drivers are not reliable, and they are only capable of the most basic graphics operations.  

So my first suggestion is that you get a standalone Nvidia or AMD graphics card with an absolute minimum of 4GB of VRAM. 

Regarding the towbar, I'm not sure why it's always visible.  Once you are done with it, clicking on the towbar icon in the tool tray found on the lower left will get rid of it.  If it doesn't, you may need to reinstall the TBM.  

Hope this helps.

Edited by Goran_M

OK thanks.  
I am upgrading my Laptop (TO one that includes a high end card)  in 2 weeks so I will try that.

If all else fails I will buy a high end PC to be able to run this simulation - while I save up $4.3m for the TBM940...

Edited by rayand
add more clarity