Cant validate BN Islander

Sorry, this is basic question but whilst I can install into x plane,  once in cockpit I get the confirm email and password dialog box again but once info entered always receive authentication failed message. Uninstalled numerous times, including the gizmo plugin which on my system isn't removed via uninstaller programme. What I find really odd is my password and email address is accepted at install stage but not once in x-plane, Is it different password?? This morning even downloaded again from main site. I've not had this issue previously with any other x-plane add on  so if anyone can help would be appreciated. I am running latest version of Vulcan with win 10 and for install my antiviruses uninstalled.
Best wishes

Dave

54 minutes ago, David@home said:
Sorry, this is basic question but whilst I can install into x plane,  once in cockpit I get the confirm email and password dialog box again but once info entered always receive authentication failed message. Uninstalled numerous times, including the gizmo plugin which on my system isn't removed via uninstaller programme. What I find really odd is my password and email address is accepted at install stage but not once in x-plane, Is it different password?? This morning even downloaded again from main site. I've not had this issue previously with any other x-plane add on  so if anyone can help would be appreciated. I am running latest version of Vulcan with win 10 and for install my antiviruses uninstalled.
Best wishes

Dave

Hi Dave.

This issue ocassionally pops up.

Unfortunately, because it's password related, I can't just ask people "what's your password" and discover exactly which special characters are common to making this bug appear.

What I can do is direct you to the X-Aviation password change page:

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/password_forgotten.php

I suggest you choose/generate something with less "special chars" in it that are likely to result in some kind of weird encoding error when they're on the way to the server.

Gizmo already uses 3rd party functions to encode the passwords before sending them to the server, but as I said, sometimes it bugs out.

Thanks,

Ben.

Brilliant and thanks Ben, . all working ...I love it. Annoyingly last weekend did wonder if password issue so changed it, unfortunately included in both the British pound sign so suspect maybe culprit (what a surprise!!). I know I'm being cheeky, but I'd like to ask 2 other questions then I'm done.. honest. The Gizmo plugin leaves discovered icons on right side of my screen even when not using the Islander. Can I temporally disable Gizmo when not using the Islander or will that cause me more problems? secondly, are you aware if there are any intentions to integrate the Gamin 750? No probs if not, just wondered.

Once again thanks so much for your help.
ATB
Dave

Glad to hear you got things working. Thanks for the breadcrumb hint...

Gizmo tool buttons: If you find the gizmo prefs window there's an option to disable the tooltray.

You can turn it back on using XP Menu > Plugins > Gizmo64 > Windows > Prefs

Don't know anything about the 750, sorry.

11 hours ago, David@home said:
Brilliant and thanks Ben, . all working ...I love it. Annoyingly last weekend did wonder if password issue so changed it, unfortunately included in both the British pound sign so suspect maybe culprit (what a surprise!!). I know I'm being cheeky, but I'd like to ask 2 other questions then I'm done.. honest. The Gizmo plugin leaves discovered icons on right side of my screen even when not using the Islander. Can I temporally disable Gizmo when not using the Islander or will that cause me more problems? secondly, are you aware if there are any intentions to integrate the Gamin 750? No probs if not, just wondered.

Once again thanks so much for your help.
ATB
Dave

The GTN750 will be integrated in the next update :)