Sound in 1.0.1

sdflyer

A lot of improvement with the sound the patch yet there are still some problems. I haven't flown an airplane in my life  yet that I could hear sound of elevator trim while engine running ! I believe it would be a case for islander . IN fact, I have purchased my first ANR headset after flying twins because they were to loud!

In BN-2 1.0.1 a trim wheel make very loud sound with engine running. In turn engines are way quieter ! I also don't think sound of  knob  GNS530 knob rotation could be heard either! 

Anybody else noticed that?

• Like 1

We fix it then we break it! lol jk. Trim sound is now fixed. FMOD has been refined even more since. The bug that we were chasing caused quite a mess of my work. Now that it is gone, we can get back to tuning it to where it was shortly before release. I am talking with the team about setting up a repository or something similar for the FMOD so people can test on multiple systems and we can get it right where everyone wants it. Cheers @sdflyer 

This was post update. There is still a resonance bug in the engine sound in this clip on the ground after roll out but that has also been tuned out. 
https://streamable.com/eebes3

16 minutes ago, Attitude said:

We fix it then we break it! lol jk. Trim sound is now fixed. FMOD has been refined even more since. The bug that we were chasing caused quite a mess of my work. Now that it is gone, we can get back to tuning it to where it was shortly before release. I am talking with the team about setting up a repository or something similar for the FMOD so people can test on multiple systems and we can get it right where everyone wants it. Cheers @sdflyer 

This was post update. There is still a resonance bug in the engine sound in this clip on the ground after roll out but that has also been tuned out. 
https://streamable.com/eebes3

It's ok as long as your work on it! :)

• 1 month later...

Yep sound is still way off. I've done a lot of flights in and spent a lot of time around the Islander, I grew up on the isles of Scilly. It's really missing that buzzsaw of the 2 blade prop and the way the lack of prop sync gives it that magical harmonic so distinctive of a pair of lycomings just very slightly out of phase. It should be a fair bit more throaty at low RPM. The IO-540 is one of the best sounding motors in aviation. The default Baron is a lot closer to what the Islander should sound like in my opinion, although it doesn't have that buzzsaw at T/O power. Little more work needed!

The rest of the update is very welcome and it's still an utter joy to fly. Keep up the good work and get them sounds fixed!!

Edited by MrNelz