Saab 340 crashing after engine start

Glasairmell

1 hour ago, Glasairmell said:

Hello,

SkyMaxx Pro was causing the CTD.

Cheers!

The most recent log.txt I see posted in this thread does not indicate that SkyMaxx Pro caused your crash. It appears to have happened within X-Plane itself.

What's most likely is that SkyMaxx Pro just pushed your setup over the edge in terms of how much memory it had to work with. It was just one plugin too many.

Edited by sundog

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running XP 11.41 and have been flying the SAAB 340 for over a year now and all of a sudden it no longer works... it locks up XP11 after about 30 seconds after being loaded (on screen at the airport).  I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it  1.5.1 (which was the same I already had) and it's still doing the lock up.  I do not have new addons. Please help point me in the right direction! 

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

2 hours ago, Alan Dean said:

I'm running XP 11.41 and have been flying the SAAB 340 for over a year now and all of a sudden it no longer works... it locks up XP11 after about 30 seconds after being loaded (on screen at the airport).  I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it  1.5.1 (which was the same I already had) and it's still doing the lock up.  I do not have new addons. Please help point me in the right direction! 

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Start by temporarily doing the following:

1. Re-name resources/plugins folder to plugins2

2. Create a new folder called plugins in resources/plugins

3. Move PluginAdmin and Gizmo64.plugin from plugins2 to plugins

4. Rename your Custom Scenery folder in X-Plane to 'Custom Scenery 2'

5. Create a new 'Custom Scenery' folder that is empty.

Launch X-Plane and see how it goes. If things are running smoothly, you can add each one of the plugins from plugins2 to plugins until you see a crash again. You'll find out what may be causing problems this way. You may continue the same method with your Custom Scenery folder.

49 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Start by temporarily doing the following:

1. Re-name resources/plugins folder to plugins2

2. Create a new folder called plugins in resources/plugins

3. Move PluginAdmin and Gizmo64.plugin from plugins2 to plugins

4. Rename your Custom Scenery folder in X-Plane to 'Custom Scenery 2'

Create a new 'Custom Scenery' folder that is empty.

Launch X-Plane and see how it goes. If things are running smoothly, you can add each one of the plugins from plugins2 to plugins until you see a crash again. You'll find out what may be causing problems this way. You may continue the same method with your Custom Scenery folder.

thanks for the quick reply... will try this when I get home. 

58 minutes ago, Alan Dean said:

it appears to be xpilot! All was working fine until I went to CONNECT. Have there been any reports of xpilot causing crashes? 

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

I have heard of xPilot doing this with other products, but xPilot is much newer to the scene than our product dev dating back to 2013. I suggest you take this up with the developer there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I don´t have x-pilot installed and I have the same problem. What about some work on an update for this great aircraft? Just an idea...

It was never possible for me to run this aircrat without issues. I followed all the instructions and nothing worked for me. The usual error in log is "G64: 371.744: Memory Allocation Error: Run(gfx): draw_SaabOnDrawGauges3D: not enough memory"  in a system with 32Gb. I have no other problems with other planes. Never a X-plane crash. Just with this plane. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Seal36 said:

Hi! I don´t have x-pilot installed and I have the same problem. What about some work on an update for this great aircraft? Just an idea...

It was never possible for me to run this aircrat without issues. I followed all the instructions and nothing worked for me. The usual error in log is "G64: 371.744: Memory Allocation Error: Run(gfx): draw_SaabOnDrawGauges3D: not enough memory"  in a system with 32Gb. I have no other problems with other planes. Never a X-plane crash. Just with this plane. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posting just the error doesn't help me figure out the cause.

Always include a complete copy of Log.txt as an attachment to your posts.

Thanks.