CRJ Installer Patch Released - Download Now!

Hi, All,

I have patched the installer to hopefully fix all issues reported here regarding the installer.

Key fixes include:

1. Paint kit files now install correctly and are placed in main CRJ folder

2. Lufthansa livery now installs correctly

3. British Airways livery now installs correctly on systems that had issues.

You can access the download to this new installer by doing the following:

Installation and download instructions:

1. Go to your X-Aviation order page here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php (You may need to login).

2. Find your corresponding CRJ order and click the magnifying glass icon that says "view" corresponding to that order.

3. At the bottom of this page you'll find a download link for your CRJ-200 updated installer. It will be highlighted in blue text.

It is suggested that should you choose to download and use this new installer that you first uninstall your current CRJ installation. You'll find a CRJ uninstall program located in your main X-Plane folder.

Additionally, I am hearing of some users with crash to desktop issues. This seems to be attributed with people not properly following prompts in the installer! Please be sure you are selecting your main X-Plane installer as the installer prompts for, and not an aircraft folder to install to! Doing the latter will result in these crashes people are speaking of.

Lastly, please ensure you uninstall the CRJ hardware tester prior to installing the CRJ itself if you have not done so already.

Thanks!

Hi there,

thanks for the update.

But as a paying customer I must admit that I expect an email. Especially as I cannot afford to lurke around forums just to make sure I am not missing any updates.

Suppliers of models with a lower price tag manage to inform their customers directly. You should as well.

And besides my "complaint": Thanks for this awesome model!!!!!!!!!!!! So far I had not any issues but serious fun and am sure it will stay like this.

Best regards,

Brownsen

Indeed, I think brownsen is right here :-)

Also it'd be great to receive some sort of eMail "Thank you for Buying ...".

Additionally you could have some sort of option to reset the download count. For now I tried the Contact-Form, hope that's right :-) Apparently my internet connection and your servers do not harmonize, at least my download always gets interrupted (do you check for changing IPs?) ... A hint on how to proceed in such cases would be great!

Cheers,

Markus

But as a paying customer I must admit that I expect an email. Especially as I cannot afford to lurke around forums just to make sure I am not missing any updates.

This.

Notifying customers of updates is basic customer service.  You may already have my money in hand for the CRJ, but poor customer service will guarantee that you won't receive any of my business in the future.

Others are free to disagree with me.

I would hasten to add that to correct an installer issue and work on a new patch whilst fielding countless forum posts from people submitting log.txt files buy the thousand might have taken a lot of the time of the developers since the aircraft came out YESTERDAY. I am the biggest fan of correct customer relations and service but I think in this particular instance we need to cut a break to a group of guys who are clearly putting of fires at this point in time and catering to individuals problems and teething issues after the release of this fantastic plane. I myself have encountered several issues but so far am quite content that they folks at x-aviation are on the ball correcting issues and suggesting fixes to us the clients, yes it does require a certain amount of lurking around forums but I for one find that is where I find the best fixes for issues I am having.....x-plane is such a touchy beast when it comes to crashes and I like reading other peoples issues and see if they correspond to my own. I approach everyone who has commented here with the up most respect and your opinions are more than valid but I wonder if we should perhaps go easy on them for a couple of days and let the dust settle. Not intended as an inflammatory post at all just a passing observance.

cheers

Phil

Gosh sakes! What a bunch of whiners!

You think because you purchased their product that now the developer has to bottle feed you?

No, it is only some developers in X-Plane that send out email notices.  I'm used to buying payware addons for FSX and it is standard procedure to check support forums after purchasing a software product. That's why I'm here now and I'm not even experiencing any problem.

For one thing, checking the support forums also makes you aware of any problems or issues others may be having setting up the new release. It may make you aware if a patch or SP is going to be released soon in the future.

It is much better for the customer to take the iniciative to check the support forum, than for the developer to be sending notices after the fact.

You should be glad that FINALLY a developer has made a serious aircraft sim for X-Plane that matches, and maybe even surpasses, anything that has been released for FSX. Up to now, little has come even close.

This CRJ will bring many to X-Plane that would never have even tried it and that will speed up new improvements to X-Plane.

I don't expect them to be kissing my butt because I purchased the product.  If you read the manual, it is obvious, right from the start that they appreciate your purchasing their product.

I greatly appreciate them spending the time and effort to build such a fine aircraft sim.  I really don't believe they did it because they thought it would make them rich.

Yeah...Javier Rollon and Bill Gates are probably chumming around together now because I sent him my 60 bucks.

I doubt that!  It is probably more like Javier's girlfriend is telling him that he better find a real job before she considers tying the knot!  ;D

Great job on this CRJ-200, Javier and company.  All of your hard work and sacrifice is really appreciated by many, many sim enthusiasts.  Don't pay any attention to a hand full of baby-whiners.

It is probably more like Javier's girlfriend is telling him that he better find a real job before she considers tying the knot!  ;D

Good post!

More like $'s for nappies, nappies and more nappies! Sheesh they go thru them! Better than hand cleaning them though!

Teo is going to eat, shit, sleep a lot first months!! hahaha and I need money for the diapers!!

Ok... sorry for the not supply e-mail from x-Aviation... If we had 2 heads and 4 more hands we would be able to make things perfect but we cannot, so sorry because our way of working right now. We are trying to fix everything and make our costumers happy. Sometimes we cannot reach that point, and I am sorry for that.

But I should say that pay doesn't mean have the right in all. Costumers have the right on a good service (we try for sure), good product and good support. I think we are doing our best. But they have not right in all. I never liked the sentence "Costumers is always right" because if something is wrong, is wrong even if a costumer paid 1 million $.

anyway.... for sure we will fix all those little details that makes crazy some people. Not all of those mistakes are our fault but other parties compatibilities.. but one you pay for something people thinks is fault of the payware.... anyway.. we are making better the CRJ for our costumers.

Thanks!

Teo is going to eat, shit, sleep a lot first months!! hahaha and I need money for the diapers!!

Hehe, sleep..not for you, bub will wake every 2-3 hrs regardless of time, for feeding, so your recent sleepless nights are good practice!

Funniest thing I heard in pregnancy classes- 'babies don't read birthing manuals!'. No plugins available yet!

You think because you purchased their product that now the developer has to bottle feed you?

No, it is only some developers in X-Plane that send out email notices.  I'm used to buying payware addons for FSX and it is standard procedure to check support forums after purchasing a software product. That's why I'm here now and I'm not even experiencing any problem.

For one thing, checking the support forums also makes you aware of any problems or issues others may be having setting up the new release. It may make you aware if a patch or SP is going to be released soon in the future.

It is much better for the customer to take the iniciative to check the support forum, than for the developer to be sending notices after the fact.

You should be glad that FINALLY a developer has made a serious aircraft sim for X-Plane that matches, and maybe even surpasses, anything that has been released for FSX. Up to now, little has come even close.

This CRJ will bring many to X-Plane that would never have even tried it and that will speed up new improvements to X-Plane.

I don't expect them to be kissing my butt because I purchased the product.  If you read the manual, it is obvious, right from the start that they appreciate your purchasing their product.

I greatly appreciate them spending the time and effort to build such a fine aircraft sim.  I really don't believe they did it because they thought it would make them rich.

Yeah...Javier Rollon and Bill Gates are probably chumming around together now because I sent him my 60 bucks.

I doubt that!  It is probably more like Javier's girlfriend is telling him that he better find a real job before she considers tying the knot!  ;D

Great job on this CRJ-200, Javier and company.  All of your hard work and sacrifice is really appreciated by many, many sim enthusiasts.  Don't pay any attention to a hand full of baby-whiners.

Thanks for your reply; you certainly touched on more points than I dared attempt.

While your expectations may differ from mine, I fear that you may have improperly assumed that I intended my sentiments regarding update emails to represent the desires of the entire customer base for the product.  That is simply not so.

I interpret forums as a place where customers can publicly share feedback with developers and not be harangued about their opinions.  I respect your expectations for a service level and would dare not resort to name-calling regardless of my level of disagreement with your perspective.  A return of the same consideration would be greatly appreciate albeit not at all expected.

It would be improper of me to ask for a particular service without at least volunteering to cover it, so to Javier and his team, please consider this my formal offer to construct and deliver update notice emails for your customers.  You all are, without doubt, busy enough with updating the product, and I am not one to offer words without actions, so please let me know how I can help.

Hi, All,

I'm sorry, but I disagree with all of those complaining in this topic, and for the record, I personally feel X-Aviation has the best customer support out there.

Here is the deal:

X-Aviation ALWAYS sends out e-mail to updates/patches. Anyone who is a customer with us on a regular basis would know this, and would also know that we have a very robust system these days that has a lot of cash invested into it to ENSURE that our customers get their update e-mails unlike some places out there. This "patch" installer today is the one exception.

X-Aviation received a total of TWO support e-mails regarding installer issues yesterday. The remainder of people were here. Our records show an indication that about 95+% of people did NOT experience the problems that this "patch" installer fixes, and because of this it is not a massive, crucial update. It is a voluntary update, and it does not add any new features. It is only supposed to fix the issues seen on those select few people here in the forums.

You will be seeing an update e-mail when we have bug fixes for the product itself. In such cases, we announce patch/upgrades in the forum AND through e-mail, with the e-mail always going out to customers before a post on the forums. As such, I stand by how this particular instance was handled, and am happy we were able to get something out to our customers within less than 24 hrs.

I hope this is all a bit more clear now.

Also it'd be great to receive some sort of eMail "Thank you for Buying ...".

This is already done, and if you did not receive it it either:

A) Ended up in your spam box

:P Was blocked in delivery by your ISP.

Each instance is completely out of our control.

Additionally you could have some sort of option to reset the download count. For now I tried the Contact-Form, hope that's right :-) Apparently my internet connection and your servers do not harmonize, at least my download always gets interrupted (do you check for changing IPs?) ... A hint on how to proceed in such cases would be great!

You took the correct approach here.

Thanks all for your understanding.

...It is a voluntary update, and it does not add any new features. It is only supposed to fix the issues seen on those select few people here in the forums...

I'd caution against under-estimating the silent minority.  Do you think it is wise or prudent to assume the "select few people here in the forums" are the only customers experiencing problems?  Similarly, do you think it is wise or prudent to assume that the proper placement of the paint kit and two liveries amounts to no "new features"?  It may not mean much to you, but clearly it is a critical issue for some of your customers.

I'd caution against under-estimating the silent minority.  Do you think it is wise or prudent to assume the "select few people here in the forums" are the only customers experiencing problems?  Similarly, do you think it is wise or prudent to assume that the proper placement of the paint kit and two liveries amounts to no "new features"?  It may not mean much to you, but clearly it is a critical issue for some of your customers.

All of your points are irrelevant for the circumstance, so yes, it's wise. Here's why:

1. I did not have to release a voluntary patch in less than a full day. Majority of issues were listed here, and those that care will in some form or fashion contact me or come here. After doing this for as long as I have I can assure you customers are plenty vocal when things are amiss, including yourself.

2. This voluntary "patch" will be meshed in with the upcoming 1.1 update. That update WILL go to every single customer via an email, just like all of our other updates do. Such an update justifies contacting everyone.

3. Given how few people this has truly affected, it was necessary to ensure I could get firm reports here as to whether this patch was solving issues I and others could not reproduce. Instead of giving feedback in such a constructive manner, you have elected to complain over a soft patch release that wasn't sent to the masses for good reason. 

What was meant as a good deed is now turning sour. As such, I think it may be better to force people to wait longer for full updates to be available. At least then we can justify sending out thousands of emails without being flagged as spam and an annoyance.

Thanks for everyone's concerns.

Enjoy your flights!

...At least then we can justify sending out thousands of emails without being flagged as spam and an annoyance...

I work in the customer care industry so I'm getting a kick out of these replies  :P

Reality is you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  But with a $60 payware aircraft, the damnation is apparently stronger.

For what it's worth, I think you and the rest of the team are doing a fine job--just trying to bring up some points to think about. 

Cant believe there is such abuse about customer care. The customer care here is great. The 60 dollar price said to me that no matter what the bugs and problems with initial release that in time it would all be corrected as im sure it will be. No matter what the price of the aircraft available here the support here is far greater than anypayware from vendors for FS sims. Its only been 2 days and lots have been done already. People need to stop being so impatient as X Aviation is a small group without a large support team. I have every confidence that this product will have all the kinks worked out of it in due time as it already is a great aircraft and will be better in the future. Keep up the good work  ;D

Thank you to Cameron and JRollon and all the others working tirelessly behind the scenes to refine this great product.

I know it can be frustrating to buy a product and it not work properly but after purchasing a product from almost every X-Plane add on company out there I can say with confidence that X-Aviation is #1 tied only with Shade Tree Micro Aviation. No product that is so complicated ever comes without some trouble, then add in hardware issues from each user, and that there are many different versions of X-Plane 9 out there, well, you get a lot of different problems.

This product will only get better!

Thanks again for all the help and great products!

Sure, not getting an e-mail about a patch update to the aircraft was a bit of a surprise.  I feel it was luck that I ran into the fact that one was available.  That the patch was set to expire by May 12 without a notice letting me know there was one was also a disappointment (that I luckily didn't have to endure).  Yes, the system showed a bit of weakness today. 

However, I have to say that I have never had any issue gaining access to my downloads or new activation codes after countless OS re-installs, switching back and forth between Windows and Linux, etc.  While DRM is the most frustrating bit of hell modern technology has to offer, the folks at x-aviation have always been able to accommodate me in getting me access to my paid for content.  I have complete faith in that if I had missed the window for getting this patch entirely, a short e-mail via the "Contact Form" would have me flying happy in a few short days.

A suggestion maybe.  It would be nice if all the aircraft on x-aviation were available for download all the time and if activation was as simple as logging in with x-aviation credentials upon install (like the CRJ install but with my download always available to me).  For silly computer thrashers like me that would be a source of relief and assurance knowing that my aircraft are always waiting for me and ready to be called into action on a moments notice.

In any case.  Keep up the good work guys and expect to hear from me again in a few months for reactivations etc. (this CRJ has made it clear to me that my current rig is due for an overhaul.)

To Cameron's note, it's good to hear that this was all destined to go into an official 1.1 patch anyway.  So my fear of maybe having missed a window on an update were mostly unfounded as I would have gotten the patch down the line anyway.  Perhaps opening with something like, "This is a soft patch for those having problems.  Expect notification of an official 1.1 patch in the future" would have mitigated a lot of this belly aching.  Any anyway, you guys are great about responding via the online contact form.

So thanks for my fresh shiny new download, and keep up the good work.  Looking forward to what 1.1 brings to the table.

Well, ...

..., Customer Service at XAviation is great. Got a response to my enquiry within 6h or so. That's simply great!

But there's always something missing to perfection :)

It'd be great if there was a news section on X-Aviation telling us in a fast, clear manner that there's an update to a specific product. Maybe just an RSS feed. That way everyone who wants information can get that information :-)

@Cameron

I really did not get such an email. As there's no spam filter installed on my webserver ... - anyway, that's just a minor thing that would lead to perfection ;)

Thanks for your reply; you certainly touched on more points than I dared attempt.

While your expectations may differ from mine, I fear that you may have improperly assumed that I intended my sentiments regarding update emails to represent the desires of the entire customer base for the product.  That is simply not so.

I interpret forums as a place where customers can publicly share feedback with developers and not be harangued about their opinions.  I respect your expectations for a service level and would dare not resort to name-calling regardless of my level of disagreement with your perspective.  A return of the same consideration would be greatly appreciate albeit not at all expected.

It would be improper of me to ask for a particular service without at least volunteering to cover it, so to Javier and his team, please consider this my formal offer to construct and deliver update notice emails for your customers.  You all are, without doubt, busy enough with updating the product, and I am not one to offer words without actions, so please let me know how I can help.

You simply lack diplomacy, respect and common consideration for the people you do business with.  You seem to feel that because you paid $60, you have a right to come into a developer's forum and be rough and inconsiderate.

It is impossible to test a product on every kind of system and sinario.  Any new sim product will be released with some bugs or oversights.

If you wanted a "bug-free" product, you should have waited a year before you purchased it.

I feel that Javier Rollon and his associates are geniuses in airplane development for X-Plane. I want to encourage them to continue to make these complex aircraft so I can enjoy them.  Now make the after-experience so rude and sour that they change professions.

Everything that you are saying here can be presented with respect, and I see you have softened your tone on the latter post, since you were recognized for your rough attitude.

You say that you work in public service, but I can't imagine it from your high saddled attitude.

I am not going to take sides but here's my experience in the Microsoft Flight Sim from some vendors:

After a problem was discovered, the customer service stated they will have a fix for it. After years, no fix. You send email, you get same false promise again!

Therefore, I would like to commend you guys for jumping on the problems and turnning around issues so fast. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

FYI: Customer Service differs from software vendor to software vendor (I know I worked already for 3 different companies). In all my circumstances as a development shop we did not notify any of the customers of the updates, -the updates were simply published publicly on our product support page and if the customer had a problem he would send a support email and we would direct the customer to the page with the update or release new update.

I have no access to this patch, tells me that the download date has expired! What's the point of issuing a patch if the regular customer can't get it after the initial download limit date?

I do have problems with the initial download, it doesn't load any plugin in my resources/plugin folder.

Yeah, Same problem, my link has expired yesterday ( I bought the CRJ just when released ). Don't understand why they set a limit. I save my CRJ 200 which is in X-Plane Aircraft folder to a USB key to never have this kind of problem.

I've an other problem. All works fine but when I load Dreamfoil's Bell 206, X-Plane crashes. This chopper use some plugins like Dream Engine, a 3D sound engine maybe the problem is a conflict with these two plugins.

The Dual Core optimization seems to doesn't work for me.. Sometimes I've 30-40 FPS, sometime I'm stuck at 19- FPS .. Like if the CPU is overloaded. I've a Core 2 Duo.

Thanks for all guys, have a nice day.