steam version tbm 900 wont load

cacruz

2 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Support is very limited on X-Plane beta's, but this looks like an OpenGL issue.  The best I can do right now is forward this to Saso and he'll look into it for when X-Plane gets out of beta.  For now, I would recommend to staying with 11.41 with the TBM.

thank you sir.

There really isn't much we can do when it comes to X-Plane beta's.  Whatever fixes we make now, may very well become obsolete in the next version. 

If you insist on keeping 11.50 and flying in it, the only things I can recommend is to first try loading the default Cessna,  go to your settings, and disable Vulkan, and then try loading the TBM.  If that works, then try enabling Vulkan and restart the sim.  You may be stuck in OpenGL until the next beta arrives.  The other thing you can try is remove all 3rd party plugins, with the exception of Gizmo, and try again.  If it loads successfully,  you can then try replacing 1 plugin/add on at a time, until it loads properly.   Due to it's unstable nature, any amount of problems can be occurring with the beta when 1 or more plugins are thrown into the mix.  

Your log shows X-Plane having several issues before it crashes back to desktop.  I've added the section of the log where it shows this.  

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.22.17 pm.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@cacruz, I am no expert but I do have a ton of experience with XP and the TBM.  My rig is very middle of the road - i5-6600K@4.3, 32GB RAM and a good old GTX1070.  I get 40fps with Orbx TE OR (and other regions) with MisterX PDX.  I find that while the TBM is very well optimized it's sometimes necessary to bring the Objects and Texture settings down a notch in very complex scenery areas and heavy clouds.  From what I'm able to understand about AMD and XP you probably do need to use the current beta if using AMD.  Have you tried to reduce your settings a bit?  

On 5/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, Goran_M said:

You don't have to give up just yet.  Did you try removing all plugins?

ok so I should've just stuck to giving up. in a last ditch effort attempt I figured let me xplane again but thru xplane website. so now im in the hole for another $60.00 twice for xplane and for the tbm. fresh copy no plug ins. I cleared every file I could find that had xplane. settings turned down all the way. I officially give up. thx anyways 

Annotation 2020-05-23 191545.png

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

1 hour ago, cacruz said:

ok so I should've just stuck to giving up. in a last ditch effort attempt I figured let me xplane again but thru xplane website. so now im in the hole for another $60.00 twice for xplane and for the tbm. fresh copy no plug ins. I cleared every file I could find that had xplane. settings turned down all the way. I officially give up. thx anyways 

Annotation 2020-05-23 191545.png

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

Why are you doing things your own way?  We're here to help.  There was no reason to buy another copy of X-Plane.  There is something going on in your add ons that is causing a conflict somewhere.  Our job is to figure out what that is.  

Contact Steam and ask them to refund your 2nd purchase of X-Plane.  If you also purchased a second copy of the TBM, you'll need to contact X-Aviation to get a refund.  

If you want to get this fixed, you'll need to work with us on this.  Please do not try to diagnose this problem on your own.  There is a procedure to all this.  

If you're interested in continuing to find a solution, let me know.  I'll forward your log files to Saso, and get him to take a look also.

12 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Why are you doing things your own way?  We're here to help.  There was no reason to buy another copy of X-Plane.  There is something going on in your add ons that is causing a conflict somewhere.  Our job is to figure out what that is.  

Contact Steam and ask them to refund your 2nd purchase of X-Plane.  If you also purchased a second copy of the TBM, you'll need to contact X-Aviation to get a refund.  

If you want to get this fixed, you'll need to work with us on this.  Please do not try to diagnose this problem on your own.  There is a procedure to all this.  

If you're interested in continuing to find a solution, let me know.  I'll forward your log files to Saso, and get him to take a look also.

im sorry you misunderstood me. my original copy was thru steam. so I bought a second copy direct from xplane website. I did not purchase a second tbm. just two copies of xplane. I did not do anything my way ive done exactly what you guys have suggested with the same results. the fresh install has no plug ins. none. same results. turning down all settings same results. so I just really give up. life is to frustrating right now to continue to let this frustrate me any further. I do appreciate the help though really thanks.