TBM 900 v1.1.12 Update Released!

Cameron

An update is in the works to address the flickering.  This has been seen in AMD GPU's only.  

As for performance, you may be better off, for now, running 11.50 under OpenGL.  We make no assurances with the TBM's compatibility in 11.50 under Vulkan/Metal at this time.  Once 11.50 goes to release candidate, then we can start addressing any lagging issues.

In my case, lowering the antialiasing to  "2x SSAA + FXAA" helped a lot with the lag, I have 50/60 frames with a Nvidia 1070 and using skymaxx pro.

FPS lowers to 30/40 in overcast condition, but its very fluid.

Regards!

Edited by coolhand

• 3 weeks later...

Is it normal that as soon as the Flight Displays power on, my frame rate goes from ~100 down to ~75 fps? Turning everything off brings the fps back to ~100. I don't remember if this happened on the previous version too. This is with or without VR enabled.

34 minutes ago, mauxu5 said:

Is it normal that as soon as the Flight Displays power on, my frame rate goes from ~100 down to ~75 fps? Turning everything off brings the fps back to ~100. I don't remember if this happened on the previous version too. This is with or without VR enabled.

Every system you turn on will be another draw on the CPU.  25 fps seems a bit excessive (a 15fps drop isn't unreasonable), but in saying that, at 75fps, it's safe to say you have nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

Every system you turn on will be another draw on the CPU.  25 fps seems a bit excessive (a 15fps drop isn't unreasonable), but in saying that, at 75fps, it's safe to say you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you. The problem is that when I enable VR (Rift), fps goes further down to half of that (~35-40), so I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep fps higher to begin with...

The new version could be just a coincidence but I also started noticing the AWS feature (of the Rift) kicking in more often than with the older version, even when I am at FL310 occasionally (no clouds). When this happens and I look at Xplane's frame rate, it's down to the 30s, AWS kicks in and out (propeller blends with TBM's line in the middle of the windshield) and the CPU is usually the one under heavy load (more than GPU). Even with World Objects down to low. I'll do another test tomorrow and will try and post some pics.

15 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Can you post your PC specs and a screenshot of your X-Plane graphics settings?

Of course. Gigabyte Z390, Core i5 9600K, 32GB Ram @ 3000, EVGA RTX 2080. XPlane settings below. I usually keep World Objects at High but changed it to Low for testing.

xpsett.jpg

30 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Can you post your PC specs and a screenshot of your X-Plane graphics settings?

And here are some pics. Could not fly now, will try and take some pics in flight tomorrow.

"xp_1" is with displays OFF and VR off.

"xp_2" is with displays ON and VR off (notice drop in FPS)

"xp_3" is with with displays ON and VR ON

"xp_4" is with displays OFF and VR ON

xp_1.jpg

xp_2.jpg

xp_3.jpg

xp_4.jpg

I guess I would put it down to plugins, then.

I doubt it's the TBM causing your fps issues.  It's been heavily optimized to make use of all your CPU cores.  

I'm assuming it's just the VR headset putting a load on the CPU.  Take note of the CPU time figure.  The lower the figure, the better the performance.  If the figure creeps up, it means there's extra load on the CPU.  It could be plugins, other Operating System processes running in the background, or any other possibilities.  

I don't own a VR headset, so I can't run any tests on that, but from what has been told to me, VR headsets can have a significant impact on performance.  One thing I can say for certain is that performance has been further optimized in this update over the last version.  

A sure way to tell for certain is to remove all 3rd party plugins and test again.  Plugins can put a massive strain on the CPU.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, Goran_M said:

I guess I would put it down to plugins, then.

I doubt it's the TBM causing your fps issues.  It's been heavily optimized to make use of all your CPU cores.  

I'm assuming it's just the VR headset putting a load on the CPU.  Take note of the CPU time figure.  The lower the figure, the better the performance.  If the figure creeps up, it means there's extra load on the CPU.  It could be plugins, other Operating System processes running in the background, or any other possibilities.  

I don't own a VR headset, so I can't run any tests on that, but from what has been told to me, VR headsets can have a significant impact on performance.  One thing I can say for certain is that performance has been further optimized in this update over the last version.  

A sure way to tell for certain is to remove all 3rd party plugins and test again.  Plugins can put a massive strain on the CPU.

Thank you for the tips. I don't know what to think. If I load the stock Cessna (G1000) in the same exact spot, with same exact settings (aircraft is the only thing that changes), FPS increases to 114 with PFDs off, and 95 FPS with them on. With VR enabled I get ~90 FPS. I haven't done a complete flight with the stock airplane, just touch and go's. perhaps I'll try that later today.

xp_5.jpg

xp_6.jpg

xp_7.jpg

Edited by mauxu5

Hi!

I am occasionally getting an issue where Xplane freezes during load with assertion failures in the log. Issue is complely intermittent, it will load just fine at other times. I think it might crash on first xplane load but works fine on any subsequent loads, but I haven't tried enough times to test my theory.

I'm running 11.50b6 with Vulkan enabled and an AMD GPU - I've seen here that this seems to be a problematic combination sometimes. Fullscreen mode, I don't use windowed. Log.txt attached.

Log_tbm2.txt

Yeah, fair enough. Just thought I'd let you know in case this somehow helps you. I only insist on using fullscreen becuase X-Plane doesn't have a borderless windowed mode - and you need either that or fullscreen to use Freesync/Gsync in a monitor.

Anyway it's not a huge issue because once it loads it works fine. I'll try the suggestion with another window, I usually have Chrome open in the background anyway but maybe that time I did not - I haven't paid attention until now. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 6:41 PM, flieger28 said:

I figured out that it seems to be in conjunction with the Antialiasing. If i turn it of or only on the first notch it is way better. If i getting higher than the first notch it is getting worse

Also tried to reset the 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel. 

I have the same issue with the TBM in Vulkan.OpenGL doesn't give me the stuttering.I also own other high fidelity planes like the Toliss airbus and new Airfoillabs king air and I don't have the problem with them when cranking the antialiasing up.It is a TBM Hotstart issue or X Plane for sure.I am sure they will fix it.

Edited by dawie1976

I find that with the experimental model on I require much more backward yoke pressure to take off & land. For a smooth take off I have to trim to the edge of the take off range & landing I have a lot of up trim to prevent the aircraft from dropping to the runway as seems to be a quirk with XPlane.

I usually fly with a copilot plus 70 kg baggage in the rear which with the non experimental model doesn't cause me any issues. From memory this was reported some time ago also.

15 minutes ago, Cruizer99 said:

My throttle slips into Flight Idle during flight. Any thoughts?

Disconnect all hardware.  Go through a normal start up, and while on the ground, put the throttle in flight idle and slowly increase power using the mouse.  After letting go, if the throttle stays where it is, this confirms the problem is with you hardware calibration and assignments.  If it DOES keep moving back with hardware disconnected, then please post your log so we can further diagnose, as this is not something that should be happening.

Hi! I am for the first time here.  I tried to start TBM900 up  for first time. Then I was forced to leave the sim. After trying to download TBM900 into sim again, I received the following warning: “It seems your last flight wasn't completed. Would you like to position the aircraft where it was before and continue the flight ? (If you answer "No", the state of all aircraft systems will be restored, but the aircraft will remain where it is now)" And two buttons below the warning: “Yes” and “No.”  I pushed both of them with the same result: sim stoped responding.  I have deleted the plane and install it again but result is the same : white screen, warning, two buttons and sim stops responding. What would you advise me to solve this problem?

Edited by gorynych

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic