What should I expect flying IXEG in 11.41?

Sweet19blue

Hello,

I am starting over with IXEG after few years flying the Startrek 320 :)

First I should say I am so impressed with the quality of this add on which for me has no match in the xplane world right now. I just re read the documentation coming with the aircraft and it is so well written and useful. And that 3D cockpit modeling is so great! It is 1st time and only time in virtual world that you can feel how narrow the 737 cockpit really is. I was such a distinct feeling when I used to climb in the real one as a dispatcher.

Well, regarding my question, I just want to know what are the current little bugs or incompatibility I should expect from flying IXEG in Xplane last version so I am not surprised and feeling bug reports that are already known.

Thanks for help,

Get a hard time switching back for Airbus philosophy to Boeing one. Great challenge by the way.

Best regards, and keep up the good work for the update.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

you will find most things are the same as when you left (I know, I know...) - some deficiencies with the FMS mostly.

Not sure when you left, but here are the things that cropped up within the 11.xx run:

1.) When you don´t have rudder pedals, the simulator now tries to "help" in turns by braking for you asymetrically. This can be fixed in planemaker, but when you do there is now a problem with some internal lights not working anymore as a result.

2.) The option "show vortices" does not work anymore. In fact it will also render your cockpit invisible in certain circumstances. Don´t use it.

3.) Don´t use the "experimental flight model". The plane will fly ok, but not by the numbers.

4.) There is a certain combination of external lights that will make your MCP panel go very bright (it has the wrong object property). This only surfaced recently.

5.) Stall warning test buttons do not work on the ground

We are working on an interim patch (pre- XP12) that will ensure Vulkan compatibility and also fix all of the above (in the list, not the FMS deficiencies - those will have to wait for the full FMS rewrite planned for the XP12 patch).

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• 1 month later...

Hey Jan -- thanks for all that info. Can you expand a little more on waiting for XP12 to patch the FMS? That seems like something that could be a very long ways off, so I must admit to a pang of frustration reading that the FMS update won't be expected until then. Is this because there's an equivalent amount of time needed to actually fix it, or because you guys don't think the FMS is fixable in 11.XX?

It is the former (equivalent amount of time). The FMS is getting more of a full rework as opposed to just adding a few items to patch it up - this will entail a full shakedown testing and therefore require a bit of time (work is underway on that).

This isn´t necessarily dependent on XP12 - if that was never to come out, we would still do this FMS update.

We know that XP12 will come out sometime. I don´t think it will take "years" until we see it. It will probably bring new features and requirements that will make us want to adopt our aircraft to it. So it is an apt milestone for us to aim at for the next big update.

Cheers, Jan