737 Stutter every 10 seconds

Andromeda64

Hi - I have some problems with my 737 that I recently bought, (very nice). The whole game gets stutter every 10 seconds when I use the sim. Have some other paywere aircraft o there is no one else having problems with it, so it should be IEXG 737. Lua Garebage / Trigger o Cleaner I use and it makes the game flow well except stutters every 10 seconds. Have tried almost everything that is read and read in all forums but nothing seems to help ..... (Plugin Disable - move Custom Scenery - Windows Defender - AI .......)

Is there anyone here who has a clue what that might be.

Hi Andromeda64,

If the stutter is so definitely periodic, it is most likely the Lua Garbage collector. You can adjust the setting to your liking - basically you have the option to move the effect between:

A.) Great framerate, but pronounced stutter every few seconds

and

B.) Slower framerate but very little stutter.

In general, the more RAM you have available, the better the situation (you can pile up more "garbage" before it needs to get cleaned).

Cheers, Jan

4 hours ago, Andromeda64 said:

If I'm going to be really honest then I don't have that much knowledge about the Garbage collector. What values can you enter? Any? I've tested a little but don't understand that much? Never used this tool.

How old is your computer?

Can you attach a copy of Log.txt from the X-Plane folder to a reply here.. There is info inside that will tell us how powerful your machine is.

22 hours ago, Andromeda64 said:

If I go for smooth FPS or Max FPS its lagging a lot and I can't play.

What kind of FPS are you getting when its "lagging a lot and I can't play" ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
I know you just want to enjoy the product and working through the problem can be tedious and time consuming.

In addition to that - it can be fruitful to experiment yourself with the lua Garbage collector:

Go to the Data Output tab in X-Plane. Enable the second checkmark (Data Graph Window) in the first line (Frame rate).

Now open the data graph window (default: CTRL-g). You can see the framerate like a "heartbeat curve" now. Be advised that displaying this ALSO consumes framerate, especially if you increase the "time frame" of data to be seen.

Now open the lua garbage collector setting in the right side gizmo menu.

You can "play" with the two values, trigger threshhold goes from 1 to 500%, the Cleaner Strenght goes from 100 to "very much" ;-)

I basically find the first value the more useful - if you go up high, your "trash can" goes up in size...so it fills longer (smooth, high framerate) but then it also takes longer to dump it out (noticeable stutter every few seconds).

I think one can easily find a good compromise when adjusting those two values.

Cheers, Jan

Ok thank you so much for your help. We may not come that much anymore. I have to test myself and see if I find a setting that fits. This is something completely new to me even though I have been on x-plane since they almost started. Could it be that more people have the same problem or is it very unusual?