VR Default Seat Position

FlashPan

Hi,

Just bought the plane, but when in VR (I only fly in VR), it seems the default seated position is too far back? It's so far back that I cannot reach any controls on the front panel.

I noticed one of the other users in this forum fixed this issue by adding some kind of VR Config file, but I have no idea what one of these is, or what should go in it.

Does anyone know about these files? Or perhaps a way to fix in-sim - though note with VR I cannot see the keyboard. Normally this doesn't matter as I operate everything with the VR controllers.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I'm keen to fly this beast!

RobP

Rob, you can get some info and a couple of apps to assist. You will find most viewpoints will be off in almost all aircraft when it comes to VR. I uses the noted apps to adjust then keep a copy of the revised VRConfig for backup since now days, most dev's add the software updater to their aircraft. When it updates it installs the original vrconfig back in so you just use your copy to overwrite the updated one and you're good to go again.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/149805-guide-how-to-set-the-correct-vr-seating-head-position-forever/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlashPan said:

Thanks John - Those instructions look like they will do the trick. That was my big problem - how to record the actual seat position, but that thread explains it nicely!

Time for some tweaking!

Thanks Again

RobP

That little app works nicely too though I wished it let you adjust the (X) position, which is left/right seating position. You can manually enter this in the vrconfig file and just see which way you move then adjust to center. Also, you can leave the plane on the tarmac the whole time you adjust, just do the file/developer/reload plane (no need for scenery) each time to see results until you get her situated. Again, you will find most aircraft require adjustment.

JJL

• Like 1

To help others out I'm going to include the contents of my VR Config file after tweaking:

A
VRCONFIG 
################################
#TELEPORT HOTSPOTS
################################ 
BEGIN_TELEPORT_HOTSPOT SITTING Pilot's Seat
   AABB -0.6091 0.1329 0.9961 -0.0091 0.3329 1.5961
   PRESET_XYZ -0.3091 0.7829 1.2961
   PRESET_PSI 0.0000
   PRESET_THE 0.0000
   PRESET_PHI 0.0000
END_TELEPORT_HOTSPOT

Every aircraft you use in VR should have one, though, alas, the Pocket Rocket doesn't come with this file.

There are two Pocket Rocket planes - the one with retractable undercarriage and the one with fixed undercarriage. Both will need their own vrconfig files.

These are standard text files that live under:  ….\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\Pocket Rocket

For the Pocket Rocket your two vrconfig files should be named:

Pocket Rocket Retract_vrconfig.txt     and

Pocket Rocket_vrconfig.txt

Just create empty notepad files with those names and copy the above values in and save.

Obviously, the above values are for my height and seating, but they will get you started in roughly the right place.

To fine tune, I highly recommend downloading VR Tools: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44717-vr-tools-show-edit-text-file-show-fps-and-more-filter-commands-for-vr-edit-vr-hotspots/

This tool contains a hotspot editor where you can change and save your seating position from within X-Plane!

It's very easy to use and I'd recommend viewing SparkerInVR's You-Tube video on seat configuration if you are unsure:

Just need to work out how to use the ignition switch in VR - then I'm away! 

RobP

• Like 1