Saab 340 crashing on load

WithoutPermission

11 hours ago, WithoutPermission said:

So delete win.xpl? or the whole plugin? Great blog post btw! 

Easiest is to move:

G:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/projectFLY

To some other folder.

Personally I have a folder like so:

G:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/disabled

That I can easily move plugins in / out of for testing purposes.

So:

1. Create a folder called: G:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/disabled

2. Move this folder into the new disabled folder: G:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/projectFLY

3. Test

If there's no change in your problems then you can easily put the PF plugin back.

Hope that helps. Glad you enjoyed the blog post.

Ben.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

I bought the Saab yesterday, but I was unable to fly with it. No problem loading the aircraft, but after a few minutes X-Plane crashes. I was reading about this problem, but I don´t have XEnviro. I have installed SkyMaxPro, Real Weather connector and FSGlobal Real Weather, but I tried disabling all the plugins except Gizmo, and the crash comes anyway. Please, can anybody help me? Thanks in advance

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

7 hours ago, Seal36 said:

Hi! 

I bought the Saab yesterday, but I was unable to fly with it. No problem loading the aircraft, but after a few minutes X-Plane crashes. I was reading about this problem, but I don´t have XEnviro. I have installed SkyMaxPro, Real Weather connector and FSGlobal Real Weather, but I tried disabling all the plugins except Gizmo, and the crash comes anyway. Please, can anybody help me? Thanks in advance

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

That's not even a clean crash.  It looks like X-Plane just stopped.  But the last program to run before it stopped was XJet.  Can you try removing XJet and see if the problem persists?  Please post back with results.

Thanks for your fast response! Yes, I sent a report of the simulator failure, but I never had one before (I have many aircrafts) and before that I had several crashes with the log message "not enough memory" which is strange for a 32Gb hardware.

Anyway, today I was able to fly with this aircraft for the first time. I just removed the XJet plugin, as you said, and selected "Max FPS" in the LuaGC option in the Gizmo menu. I don´t know if this make sense, but it worked! I only have to try IVAO. Yesterday I had the feeling that when connecting to the network, the failure occurred too.

I want to take this chance to say that I´ve been in the simulation for more than 25 years, I have the best aircraft available, and this is, without any doubt, one of the best:o. Please don't leave this aircraft 

I’ve had a similar problem.  I get engines running and attempt to taxi out and the screen freezes and get the “computer is not responding.”  I’ve tried downloading the Saab 340 software from x-plane but system still crashes.  I think it flew one time but most of the time I get it to taxi a few feet and then it locks up.

4 hours ago, MaintOne said:

I’ve had a similar problem.  I get engines running and attempt to taxi out and the screen freezes and get the “computer is not responding.”  I’ve tried downloading the Saab 340 software from x-plane but system still crashes.  I think it flew one time but most of the time I get it to taxi a few feet and then it locks up.

We can't diagnose any problems unless you post your GizmoLog.txt and Log.txt files.