Considering purchase --> quesions re:latest updates

Hangar

Hi guys...while I await your SR22 I have took notice of your M20 collection and was considering giving it a try but had some concerns regarding just how up to date it is and whether or not there needs to be new updates provided, currently.

So I see the newest available version is v4 pb4 (or something similar as im recalling from memory here). Tha was released in Jan 6,2020...but then I saw mention in this forum on Jan.8th that perhaps a flight model fix was in the works. I also saw mention that some sort of 3d/texture overhaul was being worked on as of Dec.2019. Meanwhile in the Jan6th update notes I see no mention of flight model changes or 3d/texture changes so this is why Im asking before I buy.

Are there any flight model changes needed as of this date (due to xplane's ever changing flight model)...or any other anomalies I should be aware of before buying?

I tend to hesitate to purchase older aircraft shortly before xplane releases another big update (11.5) which will include the experimental flight model changes, as I have no idea if you plan on continued support and any necessary re-updating for this plane, or has it reached the end of it's support time-frame?

Thanks

On 3/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Hangar said:

Hi guys...while I await your SR22 I have took notice of your M20 collection and was considering giving it a try but had some concerns regarding just how up to date it is and whether or not there needs to be new updates provided, currently.

So I see the newest available version is v4 pb4 (or something similar as im recalling from memory here). Tha was released in Jan 6,2020...but then I saw mention in this forum on Jan.8th that perhaps a flight model fix was in the works. I also saw mention that some sort of 3d/texture overhaul was being worked on as of Dec.2019. Meanwhile in the Jan6th update notes I see no mention of flight model changes or 3d/texture changes so this is why Im asking before I buy.

Are there any flight model changes needed as of this date (due to xplane's ever changing flight model)...or any other anomalies I should be aware of before buying?

I tend to hesitate to purchase older aircraft shortly before xplane releases another big update (11.5) which will include the experimental flight model changes, as I have no idea if you plan on continued support and any necessary re-updating for this plane, or has it reached the end of it's support time-frame?

Thanks

The M20 is not dead. That is for sure. We have a very large update in the pipeline involving new FMOD sounds, new 3D model, and new textures, and an updated flight model. This update will be free for all existing customers.

The updating for this plane is tricky as it requires a lot of different elements to line up to release the update (being three different variants), hence why it is taking quite a bit of time.

The biggest areas that need (and will get) improvement are, for transparency:

• 3D Model/textures: It looks like the screenshots, it needs improvement (and will get it :) )
  • FMOD: Has some weird glitches and issues. This is going to be fixed in the very short term.
  • Flight model: Nothing too major, just calibrations are needed to adjust for 11.40 and 11.50.

We are working as hard as we can, both on this update and our other projects. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what status the M20 currently is in :) (and where we are planning for it to go!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hangar said:

wow, that sounds great...any idea how much longer until we see that update release?

...and if I buy now...how "off" is the flight model in 11.41?

Thanks again...in all my threads you've been so helpful and I appreciate that!

The updates will come out in batches as various features are ready, for example, a preview of our FMOD just was released a few minutes ago here

The flight model is pretty good, just a few percent off in performance near the extremes on the M20TN model.

• 3 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 4:15 AM, Coop said:

The updates will come out in batches as various features are ready, for example, a preview of our FMOD just was released a few minutes ago here

The flight model is pretty good, just a few percent off in performance near the extremes on the M20TN model.

Should we use standard or experimental flight model at the moment? (11.50beta11 or 11.41)

9 hours ago, jeux said:

Should we use standard or experimental flight model at the moment? (11.50beta11 or 11.41)

Most people have had quite good results with the experimental flight model, both work well. We are going to be tuning for the experimental flight model soon, but for now you can go with either.

• Like 1