no soundmaxx

tonybarr22@hotmail.com

Hi,I have installed and unistalled soundmaxx a zillion times but alass I have no soundmaxx effects. I am running x-plane 11.41 and when i look at the .log file it says unable to load sound maxx as soundmaxx has not created backups for the various aircrafts. Some assisitance with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I have included my latest .log file.

Regards Tony. 

Log.txt

Give this a try, 

1. Uninstall Soundmaxx

2. Run the X-Plane updater and pay attention to see if it installs missing sound files

3.Re-Install soundmaxx 

Looking at the log it appears some sounds haven’t installed, the 747 and skid sound stand out....

A couple things to consider,

1. Some default aircraft use FMOD sounds and soundmaxx will not override these aircraft

2. Ambient sounds are not heard inside the cockpit.

3. You may need to adjust settings inside the soundmaxx UI from the plugins menu to your taste

4. Some airports aren’t complete in default x-plane and soundmaxx will not provide airport sounds(rare but it does happen)  

Hi John,

Thanks for your speedy reply, I did as you suggested but I can't say that I have seen a difference and my log file still says the same thing about soundmaxx's failure to create a default back up. I dont recall seeing anything during the installation about creating back ups. I'll carry on scratching my head and thanks again for your help.

regards Tony.