"Component file version does not match" error

Swiss001

I have just purchased the fox island scenery by Attitude Simulations from X-Aviation. But when I try to install it, I get the error message: "Unable to download component Fox Islands: Component file version does not match". I have tried intalling it both on my mac and windows with all security features turned off. Any help?

Screenshot_2020-02-29_at_16.11.01.png

• 1 month later...

The "Component file version does not match" error is a common thing with the xaviation installers and it has happened a lot to other products in the past before. The thing is that everyone who buys the fox island scenery right now is screwed because the installer simply won't work with anyone. The people at xaviation seem to know about this and they have fixed the exact issue in the past when installers of other products were broken. They don't seem very motivated with this one though.

Edited by Swiss001

Ok, first of all, this isn't an official support channel for Attitude simulations.  This is General Help.  As in General help with X-Plane.  Developers don't usually frequent this section.  smh.

2nd, I'm a separate dev trying to help with THIS situation, first thing in the morning, with 1 eye still closed, in a "General Help" section. 

3rd.  Did you even try contacting X-Aviation support through their official support channel?

@metalmaniac666 with 2 posts to his name, decides to throw his hat into the ring with no screenshots of "the same" problem he's having.  

So, before you get all bent out of shape, how about you contact X-Aviation directly and see if you can sort it out.  Just remember, sending multiple emails will delay their response time.

• Upvote 1

• Cameron locked and unlocked this topic

Then the only thing you can do is wait.  If it is a problem many people are having, then it may be something that is getting fixed.  But I've only seen 2 other people have this problem.  So in total, 3 people having this problem tells me it's not something that is widespread and may need looking into as to why only 3 people are getting it.  I know you want something fixed instantly or asap, but sometimes these things don't go smoothly if it is the fault of the publisher.

1. It's already been like a month, hasn't it?  2. If I BUY an addon scenery (that I cannot return), I expect it to work (duh).  3. Not answering customer support tickets is not good customer service (EVEN TWICE).  4. I genuinely think that the installer is broken for everyone but the scenery just doesn't have that many sales so it flows under the radar. I mean you can try buying it and installing it.

I guess that sums it up quite well and is a valid reason not to use xaviation anymore.

@Swiss001 & @metalmaniac666

Let me be real clear with both of you. I cannot stand people who act like idiots. Both of you are being childish ones in this moment, and I suggest you quickly change your attitude. I will absolutely not tolerate it. Period.

47 minutes ago, Swiss001 said:

The "Component file version does not match" error is a common thing with the xaviation installers and it has happened a lot to other products in the past before.

If you have apparently done your research, then why didn't you find the answer? It's not a common thing. Most people "get it". What is common with the posts (not X-Aviation's error) is people trying to run outdated installers and they are told to re-download. You probably should have too.

The thing is that everyone who buys the fox island scenery right now is screwed because the installer simply won't work with anyone.

Wrong.

The people at xaviation seem to know about this and they have fixed the exact issue in the past when installers of other products were broken. They don't seem very motivated with this one though.

Wrong.

1 hour ago, metalmaniac666 said:

they do not even fuckin reply  scumbags  i will dispute my purchase with bank

Now this one really gets me. True idiot at its best form. I'm sorry. I have ZERO sympathy for you right now. Here's why...

1. You lied in your support ticket that you just purchased the product and it's not working. You are now demanding a refund. The truth? You bought it in 2018. That's hardly "just" purchased. Re-download the installer and be smart about it. From 2018 to now is very outdated.

2. Our website contact page is very clear in our reply times, yet you have come on here and said the above that I just quoted (by the way, use the bad language again and be forever banned). How long ago did you write your TWO support tickets? Don't worry....I'll answer that for you. 1 AND 2 hours ago.

39 minutes ago, Swiss001 said:

That's why I posted this thread here and asked for help since no one from xaviation wanted to help me apparently...

You didn't post here for that reason. You came to b*&ch instead. Get over yourself and stop posting falsehoods.

We're done here. Stop being lazy, go download the latest version of the installer, stop acting like an a$$, and move on like an adult. Lord have mercy.