Boeing 747-400

What would you like the most on the Boeing 747-400  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the most on the Boeing 747-400

• Cabin Interior
    • Wing Flex
    • FMC!!

• 2 months later...

I've been reading this thread, and was sad to see that there's isn't in fact a legit 3D 747 being worked on.

I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to such a thing.

If this chap has repeatedly stolen others work - shame on him, and you've clearly had dealings in the past, and obviously take action. - Quite rightly. I do not condone his actions at all.

It dismays me however to see the administrators getting into a mob rule debate about what offensive term can be applied - kicking a man when he's down when you've successfully made your point? - As disgraceful as his actions IMHO. Warn people about him yes, but despite his wrong doing this is bullying and unfortunately loses your (much earned and deserved morale high ground) - A shame.

I've been reading this thread, and was sad to see that there's isn't in fact a legit 3D 747 being worked on.

I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to such a thing.

If this chap has repeatedly stolen others work - shame on him, and you've clearly had dealings in the past, and obviously take action. - Quite rightly. I do not condone his actions at all.

It dismays me however to see the administrators getting into a mob rule debate about what offensive term can be applied - kicking a man when he's down when you've successfully made your point? - As disgraceful as his actions IMHO. Warn people about him yes, but despite his wrong doing this is bullying and unfortunately loses your (much earned and deserved morale high ground) - A shame.

Tom,

Please see the following thread: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=237.0

Fair comment, I wasn't aware how much of a problem this had been.

I do hope however my post was received as I meant it, not to chastise the powers that be here, but to throw in some balance to a thread that 'seemed' to be getting a little out of control.

Peace.

Fair comment, I wasn't aware how much of a problem this had been.

I do hope however my post was received as I meant it, not to chastise the powers that be here, but to throw in some balance to a thread that 'seemed' to be getting a little out of control.

Peace.

Tom,

I don't think your post was perceived as bad, so no worries. One of my key points to you was that Raf. himself was throwing stones at his own head as "xp9videos" in this very thread.

Either way, this thread is "old" so to speak, with the last real post being in June. Rafael is working hard at redeeming himself through his work on the EMB-195, and I think he's doing a good job on it. Nothing more to really say on my end. :)

Blue skies!

• 3 months later...

wow... seeing what I did from this point of view as a victim of my own monstrousity makes me want to vomit. As simple as it was to steal a plane, Its taken me a long time to get to where I am and if you are asking... was it worth it? no it wasnt because my stupid 14 year old self (now 15) was a retard and now I am struggling to recover. Even how stupid it was to create a second account and hate on myself! Its been 7 months and still I cant get that mistake out of my head. The Embraer project is a sort of recovery project. An apology to show you and myself what I am capable of. I am capable of getting straight A's in school but I dont. I get high B's and High C's. I personally dont think that is acceptable but I continue. Just like I did with that 747. I started the EMB as a coward trying to start over. But then faced my "concience" and apologized to every persons time I wasted. Especially Theo. I cant believe I dragged him into this. People calling me a theif really affected me but I deserved it. Ive looked to start over in these 7 months and to show you what I am capable of. The Embraer 170 project will be released in January/Feburary. I am putting all my heart into this project and the other project. I am not doing this for attention but for forgiveness from all the users of X-pilot and any other X-planer. Im going to need you guys help. I am still in "rehab" 

-Rafael

• 1 year later...

Wow! Way to shut down a good project guys. I have been working with X-plane for almost 7 years and the last two years have been the slowest I can remember in terms of aircraft development. It seems with a project like this there could be some collaboration to get to the end product, since we all love flying in the sim and we all want cool cutting edge planes to fly. It's been almost a year and no 747! Where is XPFW's 747?

So you shut down the project and there is no other aircraft to replace it....

I'm really disappointed in the X-plane community.  It's gone from collaborating to blaming and jealousy.

Work together and get some decent aircraft out! They are in high demand and there is money to be made folks!

-DS

Wow! Way to shut down a good project guys. I have been working with X-plane for almost 7 years and the last two years have been the slowest I can remember in terms of aircraft development. It seems with a project like this there could be some collaboration to get to the end product, since we all love flying in the sim and we all want cool cutting edge planes to fly. It's been almost a year and no 747! Where is XPFW's 747?

I'm really disappointed in the X-plane community.  It's gone from collaborating to blaming and jealousy.

Work together and get some decent aircraft out! They are in high demand and there is money to be made folks!

-DS

They never shut it down. They are just finishing the Saab and maybe some other stuff. It'll get done sometime.

You also have to realize that aircraft development takes much longer to get to today's "standards" than it did even a year ago. The payware of 4 years ago is stuff some people wouldn't even consider downloading now as freeware. It's interesting to think about when/if we will hit a wall in that development...

Way to bring back an over one year old thread. Nevermind the fact that the developer realized he was doing wrong and did the right thing.

I'm really disappointed in your lack of realization that the 747 here is rather obsolete considering the rather nice one coming out as a default aircraft in X-Plane 10.

Okay, so which part are you contributing to?

I have been working with X-plane for almost 7 years and the last two years have been the slowest I can remember in terms of aircraft development.

I don't mind. Consider this: High quality 3rd party planes  (and scenery) with more details and function than seen earlier and maybe release one or two planes every 6 months

vs.

a less than OK flight model, lack of essential features, a model and texture that looks like garbage, but they're able to spit out those kind of planes in a matter of days or weeks.

If you've followed the projects Javier and Leading Edge are doing, you can see things take time. I have two projects too - scenery for an international airport and a small airfield, both in Spain. I've been working on the scenery for more than a year. "WHY?" you might ask. Because I want to make something that's not been seen before. Something that will make you go "wow" every time you land and taxi to the hangar or the jetway. But also because I have a job that needs attention in order to pay the bills, get new software to continue developing the scenery. Who knows? It might take another 6 months or it may be released before easter.

I quote the toy repair guy in Toy Story 2. "You can't rush art".

Way to bring back an over one year old thread. Nevermind the fact that the developer realized he was doing wrong and did the right thing.

-I didn't mean to bring back a sore subject, if I stirred the pot in a negative way, I apologize. I was not aware that the default 747 for X10 would be to the quality of some of the amazing aircraft being developed here. (since to date, the default heavy metal have been average)

I'm really disappointed in the X-plane community.  It's gone from collaborating to blaming and jealousy.

I'm really disappointed in your lack of realization that the 747 here is rather obsolete considering the rather nice one coming out as a default aircraft in X-Plane 10.

Okay, so which part are you contributing to?

- My contribution to the X-plane communities recently has been minimal, I must admit -- I absolutely support payware and own almost all of the payware aircraft available. With my busy schedule, $$$ is about all I can contribute right now. I want to see these projects succeed and if that means paying for aircraft, I am all for it. With the amount of time needed to develop these birds, it makes sense.

BTW, what's up with the negative karma? What did I do wrong here? It's a discussion board, why can't I have an opinion? That's pretty immature to do that to me. Am in the wrong place here? Please tell me why you would do that to me.

- My contribution to the X-plane communities recently has been minimal, I must admit -- I absolutely support payware and own almost all of the payware aircraft available. With my busy schedule, $$$ is about all I can contribute right now. I want to see these projects succeed and if that means paying for aircraft, I am all for it. With the amount of time needed to develop these birds, it makes sense.

Fair enough.

This project, however, will not see it through and for obvious reasons. There are multiple 747s in the works anyhow, so you'll eventually get your fix one way or another (free and payware).

BTW, what's up with the negative karma? What did I do wrong here? It's a discussion board, why can't I have an opinion? That's pretty immature to do that to me. Please tell me why.

Karma is decided by other forum members. It's a matter of what people consider your context to be. It has no effect on your freedom of speech, so have at it if you feel so inclined. I'm sure in time you'll get it reversed as you contribute more to the community.