Boeing 747-400

What would you like the most on the Boeing 747-400  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the most on the Boeing 747-400

• Cabin Interior
    • Wing Flex
    • FMC!!

Hi everybody! Many ideas came to my head. I love serving the flyers of x-plane. I was thinking?.?.?

How about a brand new 747-400. Detailed realistic Flight Model , Flight Dynamics etc. Maybe ill even throw in some hard work for a 3D Pit. The first 747 with a 3D pit in x-plane ;). Id like to know what you think. Give me some ideas. Im hoping this aircraft to be 100% 3D. I will be using both AC3D and Blender back and forth. I could really appreciate any help

In need of:

Texturer

Extra 3D Modellers

Plug-in Developers

Test Fliers (itll be a loooong time before we need them)

This is what I believe that X-Plane has been lacking for a very long time. The XPFW team are working on improving their V8 model, and have already made some very nice improvements to it. Unfortunately I am still only learning to use Blender, so I couldn't help much apart from betatesting it.

Good luck!

-Jason

Cool someone working on a object 747! I started playing with the wing a few weeks ago after finding some great drawings of it. This may help you out if you haven't found it yet. I cant remember where I found it its from a Boeing document for sure. I think its download able from their website. Great start!

post-156-131369569178_thumb.jpg

Looking really good, can't wait to give it a try! Seems there are quite a few 747's in the works currently, a payware 742 (?), the XPFW 744, and this one.

no worries we can all share the xplane realm we will see no offense to xpfw none at all but they are working on several projects md80 747 and updating there other aircraft but here  I am focused on the 747 so we will see

Unfortunately, it would appear that we have an issue here. The landing gear, engine pylons, gear bay doors, and the wing sections that have magically appeared are property of XPFW; taken from our 744. This is highly frowned upon as all of you know, and we have contacted the author requesting that he either remove all property of XPFW from his plane, or face the consequences should he decide to release it to the public as-is. This is highly unfortunate as I know many of you were really looking forward to a new 747. That being said, XPFW is currently working on a major update of the 747, and I can assure you our new work will make up for the unethical behavior of this user.

-Nick

XPFW Team

This is true... But as i said these will not be the wings. The wings will be all mine as for the gear yes they are xpfw but i was not going to use them because they would look terrible on this bird i am continuing the developement of this aircraft. Do not worry nick we will have no more of this. Bye nick next time stick to your own aircraft please

Thats some accusation gilbenl...

I assume you have some sort of evidence to back it up..?

Rafael has a long history of "borrowing" things from other aircraft. This is why he is no longer welcome at XPFW. If you batch export the gear etc from our 744, and import the objects in AC3D, they're identical in every way. He didn't even bother to convert the triangles to quads. Everything you see, minus the fuse is IDENTICAL to our objects. Like I said, when you work on these planes for hours at a time (and I am only working on the update) you can pick out your objects from a mile a way. I really hate to see this though. The XP community needs people to learn how to build obj acf, and it really sucks to see people trying to cheat and steal others work just to gain some sort of unwarranted respect. You'll never learn anything if you don't do your own work and take baby steps.

To the general public, there's nothing wrong with taking someone elses model and looking at the mesh etc. Heck, I do this ALL THE TIME. It's how you learn. That being said, this is only useful to see how its done. In my opinion the best part is the first model that took forever to build. It didn't come out perfect, but man, you did it. Each subsequent model will get better and better. Once you do this, then you will get the respect and credit you not only want, but deserve.

I'll leave Rafael's thread to him now, but from here on out just to insure people don't get the wrong idea, I wouldn't use ANYTHING that's stolen, borrowed (whatever you want to call it). You don't use other people's work even to "show" where you're going. I won't say any more unless I see our stuff (or anyone else's I can prove). In those cases, you can bet I'll point out other's work. They did it, they deserve the credit.