VR Config for IXEG 733 with lights

Gradl

Hi,

I'm using X-Plane with a Lenovo Explorer. The IXEG 737 is not supporting VR on the official version. All controls are jerky and grabing a control like the flaps leaver always centers at the range of the leaver. 

I tried out the thresholdx.net VR mod, the controls are working fine, but the avitab integration is missing and there is an big issue with the lighting system. No floodlight is working. 

They modded the 733_cockpit.obj and change many control knobs to ATTR_manip_axis_knob. Is there any trick to get the floodlights working or any plan to get the Plane VR ready? 

Hi,

there definitely is a plan to get the plane VR-ready. I don´t know when that will happen, though.

I am a big fan of VR myself (have an Oculus Rift), but with my headset I find the resolution too poor to use the FMS without either leaning in like crazy or using the zoom (which makes it hard to hit the buttons). I think the next generation of headsets will probably fix that, and having the plane be fully compatible with VR is definetely our goal.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am new to the VR stuff with a Rift S. The cockpit looks awesome inside in VR. I got SimVRlabs fix for the switches and knobs, so the controller works perfectly.

I have two questions:

1. Do you guys know if there are checklists that I can use in VR? Something similar to the ZIBO mod? 

2. Is there a way to bring up the IXEG pop up windows for preflight setups, W&B, etc in VR? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Can’t wait for the 1.3 update. Many thanks to everyone involved.

Question regarding VR: 

From Jan’s post above: “there definitely is a plan to get the plane VR-ready. I don´t know when that will happen, though” and “fully compatible with VR is definitely our goal”

Is there a better idea where you are with the full VR support at this time?

Will VR be fully supported (all the manipulators accessible with VR controller) be available with the 1.3 update, and if not, are you working on this for the near future release?

50 minutes ago, XPlanePort said:

Can’t wait for the 1.3 update. Many thanks to everyone involved.

Question regarding VR: 

From Jan’s post above: “there definitely is a plan to get the plane VR-ready. I don´t know when that will happen, though” and “fully compatible with VR is definitely our goal”

Is there a better idea where you are with the full VR support at this time?

Will VR be fully supported (all the manipulators accessible with VR controller) be available with the 1.3 update, and if not, are you working on this for the near future release?

Despite IXEG making their 733 VR compatible (i am awaiting for it too), you can already enjoy the 733CL from IXEG on VR by installing the free mod below. It will make the aircraft VR compatible. I am using it for more than a year already with no single issue.

https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/437-ixeg-737-300-simvrlabs-mod/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Despite IXEG making their 733 VR compatible (i am awaiting for it too), you can already enjoy the 733CL from IXEG on VR by installing the free mod below. It will make the aircraft VR compatible. I am using it for more than a year already with no single issue.

https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/437-ixeg-737-300-simvrlabs-mod/

Thank you for the link mmerelles. I was aware of this mod. When I became aware of the mod it was no longer available for download, so I was not able to get and use it. I am registered on the site and the actual link to the file is: https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/483-ixeg-737-300/?ct=1588527998

Unfortunately, the file is no longer available for download.

Edited by XPlanePort

10 minutes ago, XPlanePort said:

Thank you for the link mmerelles. I was aware of this mod. When I became aware of the mod it was no longer available for download, so I was not able to get and use it. I am registered on the site and the actual link to the file is: https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/483-ixeg-737-300/?ct=1588527998

Unfortunately, the file is no longer available for download.

just logged in and the links is still there. Maybe you were not on the download section

https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/483-ixeg-737-300/

Edited by mmerelles
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, Gradl said:

Hi,

I'm using X-Plane with a Lenovo Explorer. The IXEG 737 is not supporting VR on the official version. All controls are jerky and grabing a control like the flaps leaver always centers at the range of the leaver. 

I tried out the thresholdx.net VR mod, the controls are working fine, but the avitab integration is missing and there is an big issue with the lighting system. No floodlight is working. 

They modded the 733_cockpit.obj and change many control knobs to ATTR_manip_axis_knob. Is there any trick to get the floodlights working or any plan to get the Plane VR ready? 

You can integrate Avitab on the thresholdx.net VR Mod.

Just download my Avitab mod from the .org... and read the README SimVRlabs.txt. The instructions is inside to make it work together.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49663-take-command-ixeg-737-classic-avitab-integration/

Edited by DeshMindER
typo