IXEG 737 erratic behaviour on approach

bmonte

Hello fellow pilots, i would like to ask for your help in case you had this issue before. Last few days i made 2 flights with the 737 and the whole flight went well, until i am on approach. When i start deplying my flaps i can see my yoke turning to the left (or right in the first flight). Since the AP is on the aircraft is following its correct path, but when i disconnect it the aircraft start baking like crazy, the throthle is on full power (even if my hardware throthle is on idle), which ends my flight since i cannot control the aircraft anymore and crashed both times. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks for your help

Log.txt

Hi,

the first thing that comes to mind is that you have set up malfunctions within X-Plane and a flap was not working. This would result in an asymmetric flap extension and a resultant roll.

It is curious that you would get that (random) failure on two consecutive flights, though. To further troubleshoot this problem I would ask you to somehow take a video of the incident so I can check your flight for other possible reasons (icing, incorrect speed, asymmetric thrust etc.).

Cheers, Jan

52 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi,

the first thing that comes to mind is that you have set up malfunctions within X-Plane and a flap was not working. This would result in an asymmetric flap extension and a resultant roll.

It is curious that you would get that (random) failure on two consecutive flights, though. To further troubleshoot this problem I would ask you to somehow take a video of the incident so I can check your flight for other possible reasons (icing, incorrect speed, asymmetric thrust etc.).

Cheers, Jan

I just did a full manual approach into LPPT, no fmc, no ILS approach, just a full manual and all went well. Tomorrow i will do a full flight, with a full ILS approach and let you know the outcome. Both of the flight that failed were RNAV approaches. Thank you for your reply.

• Like 1

Just did 2 flights. One with a full ILS approach, all went well. Great flight. And today i did a short one but with an RNAV approach. Although the aircraft didn´t behave like i described in the beginning of the post, when i press APR the aircraft started banking the opposite direction of the approach runway. So, i think i will not be doing rnav approaches with this aircraft. 

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Ok, that is the reason - you don´t push the APR button when doing an RNAV approach in this aircraft! It is not an A320 (thank god).

You fly RNAV approaches in LNAV and VSPD (VNAV is not authorized).

Cheers, Jan

Thanks, but can also this be the reason to hard bank and abrupt acceleration after AP is off?

No - this is still a mystery to me. When you press the APP button with a localizer within capture criteria, the autopilot will initially bank towards the course you have set on the corresponding side. This would explain the sudden banking when you engage APP (and have additionally set the ILS frequency of the runway you are flying to, but NOT the corresponding inbound course).

The autopilot has no means to trim the aileron or rudder, so if the plane is truly mis-trimmed after you disconnect the autopilot, something else must be at play. Do you have any other third-party plugins (fly with lua, etc...) installed?

Again, to truly solve this I would need to look at a video of what is going on - texting here in the forums is like describing whats special about the Mona Lisa on a postcard... ;-)

Cheers, Jan