TBM constantly banking

razghost

So I just got this aircraft a couple of days ago and have found after take off the plane will bank on it's own, so much in fact that just a minute after take off my heading has already changed by at least 70'. I have tried multiple airframes, uninstalled and reinstalled both aircraft and x-plane. I've gone through the checklist in the x1000 so I am sure I haven't missed anything and all the controls I have set are good. Also fuel is good, it banks to the left regardless of what tank I've been using since engine start.

Only thing that seems to cure it a bit is making the banking trim to near enough the max.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

@razghost, I don't understand your phrase "on it's own".  Are you using auto pilot as you climb out?  If so are you in "HDG" or "Roll" mode?  The TBM is such fun to fly I will hand fly it on climb out and I must use right rudder to counter the "left turn" from that huge prop.  Don't forget to engage the Yaw Damper as soon as raise your flaps.  For what it's worth my old C182Q would want to "go left" on the climb out as well - even with slightly less horse power than the TBM...^_^

As oldflyguy said there's the P-factor mostly noticeable at takeoff (low airspeed) which you need to counteract with rudder (I usually activate the yaw damper to counteract as soon as flaps are retracted). 

Keep in mind that the more you pull the yoke to rotate the more pronounced the rolling tendency will be right after takeoff. Better just put very little back pressure to smoothly rotate and you will have a much smoother takeoff with less pronounced yaw and rolling tendency. 

That being said, in the TBM you have also a very noticeable torque effect coming from the sheer amount of power from the engine. You will definitely have to counteract with the yoke or with aileron trim to keep wings level whenever handflying. It is most pronounced with a high power setting. 

19 hours ago, razghost said:

So I just got this aircraft a couple of days ago and have found after take off the plane will bank on it's own, so much in fact that just a minute after take off my heading has already changed by at least 70'. I have tried multiple airframes, uninstalled and reinstalled both aircraft and x-plane. I've gone through the checklist in the x1000 so I am sure I haven't missed anything and all the controls I have set are good. Also fuel is good, it banks to the left regardless of what tank I've been using since engine start.

Only thing that seems to cure it a bit is making the banking trim to near enough the max.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

How are your other planes (and are any of them single engine turboprops?)  Just to be sure, have you checked your yoke calibration?  Once you get to altitude and level out, does it fly straight hands-free?  When you're climbing out and it's trying to turn left, what's your trim at that moment?  The trim in the sim should be sufficient to counter the forces of torque and prop wash.  

Gregg