Photographic UK Scenery

Gairlochan

Hello all,

I'm new here, just arrived from .org forum. Found this forum while hunting for a way to get TrackIR 5 working on my Mac, and noticed that, whilst I was the only user active on .org, there were over thirty users active here, even in Aussie time, so I decided this must be the place to be.

As to what makes X-Plane most special for me, it's the photographically realistic scenery pack which I bought with X-Plane 9 a few months ago. The Australian scenery in X-Plane is so bad that it makes the whole continent of Australia look like a desert with beaches around the edges. Even Sydney, a very large city geographically speaking, is just an airport with a scattering of houses around it and then desert.

I only managed to find my own local beach up here in rural tropical Queensland because, at 20 km long with a river at one end and a creek at the other, it's impossible to miss. It's a shame about that, because most X-Plane users would be from the northern hemisphere, and tourists from 'up over' tend to come here for the different and striking scenery. But they're not going to get it in X-Plane, so they'll have to keep flying here in real aeroplanes ;-)

Welcome! I'm in Melbourne and there are a couple of other Aussies hanging around here.

Agree, I've pleaded with Eric of Realscenery for Aust'n photoscenery, but I suppose our market isn't big enough. So G2 is your friend- I rarely fly anywhere in Australia without using it, Tassie come up very well in it.