Announcing the AFM G5 Instrument Pack!

Cameron

Advanced Flight Modeling and X-Aviation are excited to announce the release of the G5 EFIS attitude indicator & DG/HSI display!

The Advanced Flight Modeling G5 is a simulation inspired by the real world Garmin G5 and is for use in X-Plane 11. It is a true to life simulation which may be ran in different modes for your favorite aircraft(s) in X-Plane, including integrated into the 3D cockpit, as a standalone popup, both, or paired with the BRAND NEW RealSimGear G5 hardware units!

The electronic flight instrument is an all-in-one backup or primary “glass cockpit” display. The G5 has 2 pilot-selectable main page formats: a PFD page and a DG (directional gyro) or HSI (horizontal situation indicator) page. By combining visual cues and data readouts once scattered across a myriad of instruments, G5 makes flight information easier to scan — so pilots can respond more quickly and intuitively to any inflight situation.

Features:

• Can be ran with any aircraft in pop-out mode, or in the 3D cockpit when an aircraft developer includes the option for it
  • The default X-Plane Cessna 172 is included with the G5 mod ready to fly
  • A great set of instruments to assist in your instrument scan and assist with safer flight
  • Fully integrated with the RealSimGear G5

The AFM G5 is AVAILABLE NOW!

G5_2.jpg

G5_3.jpg

G5_5.jpg

G5_9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Davenl said:

Got it already :D

Will try it tomorrow!

Is it possible to set speeds on the ASI?

Yes. The integration steps are described here: https://afms.im/G5Wiki

Setting the Red/Yellow/Green arc locations can be done with a provided Adobe Illustrator file. If you don't have Illustrator, you can send an email to support@afmsim.com with the range you need on the arcs and we can provide the file.

Thanks, I read the wiki and it is great that the tape color can be adapted to any aircraft. I will try and if I am not able I will let you know.

But actually I meant setting the speeds like Vr, Vx, Vy and Va. I couldn't find anything about setting those in the wiki. If this is not yet possible than that's no big deal. I am looking forward to try the G5 in x-plane!

20200106_003042.jpg

4 minutes ago, Davenl said:

Thanks, I read the wiki and it is great that the tape color can be adapted to any aircraft. I will try and if I am not able I will let you know.

But actually I meant setting the speeds like Vr, Vx, Vy and Va. I couldn't find anything about setting those in the wiki. If this is not yet possible than that's no big deal. I am looking forward to try the G5 in x-plane!

20200106_003042.jpg

V-speed flags are currently not integrated, but it is a feature we are considering! It should also be feasible to integrate as the plugin currently is via the adjustable texture for the tape.

• Like 1

@Coop

Hi,

Im trying to download the pack and I am getting an error.

"Unable to download component G5 aircraft installer MAC: Component file version does not match"

and if I ignore

"Unable to download component G5 aircraft installer: Component file version does not match"

I have tried redownloading from the x-aviation store again but still the same.

6 minutes ago, Coop said:

V-speed flags are currently not integrated, but it is a feature we are considering! It should also be feasible to integrate as the plugin currently is via the adjustable texture for the tape.

I was already thinking about how wide the tape would be :D

I am really glad this instrument is finally developed! 

I will make some Air Manager panels. It will be a great addon with the RealityXP 530/430 and GTN 650/750. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

@Coop

Hi,

"Unable to download component G5 aircraft installer MAC: Component file version does not match"

and if I ignore

"Unable to download component G5 aircraft installer: Component file version does not match"

That is odd. Can you check if a firewall is blocking it? 

@Cameron will hopefully know more on how to fix this.

17 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

@Coop

Hi,

and if I ignore

It appears you are using Windows. I have verified the installer on Windows and also verified other customers have successfully installed on Windows, so whatever is happening here is on your end.

The only things that come to mind are any one of the following:

1. Trying to run the installer from a zipped file. This will not work and you'll need to unzip first.

2. Utilizing an unreliable internet connection. This can include WiFi dropouts.

3. Some kind of firewall or anti-virus blocking it. This sounds like the most likely scenario to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cameron said:

It appears you are using Windows. I have verified the installer on Windows and also verified other customers have successfully installed on Windows, so whatever is happening here is on your end.

The only things that come to mind are any one of the following:

1. Trying to run the installer from a zipped file. This will not work and you'll need to unzip first.

2. Utilizing an unreliable internet connection. This can include WiFi dropouts.

3. Some kind of firewall or anti-virus blocking it. This sounds like the most likely scenario to me.

I unzipped the installer first. Turned off all firewalls and anti virus and still the same thing.

Decided to ignore the errors on component 3 and component 4 (G5 installer Windows and MAC)

I dont know if I have required files missing but the product seems to work fine on the simulator.

I am also not able to install and get multiple errors during download. Both Mac and Windows installers cannot be downloaded.

I have disabled my firewall, virusscanner and malware scanners.

At one point I managed to get the files in de /G5 folder but without the installer.

At the 4th try the downloader wanted to uninstall first and I have not been able to install it again.

The downloader is unzipped and I have not problems with my internet as far as I know.

I am on Windows 10 with all security disabled :(

g5_1.jpg

g5_2.jpg

The Mac installer gets downloaded but than gives a popup with file version does not match. Pressing retry the same happens again. Pressing ignore gives a immediate warning that the component file does not match for the Windows installer. It does not even seem to download. Pressing ignore again will install the G5 folder in x-plane but no installer to add it to other aircraft

27 minutes ago, Davenl said:

The Mac installer gets downloaded but than gives a popup with file version does not match. Pressing retry the same happens again. Pressing ignore gives a immediate warning that the component file does not match for the Windows installer. It does not even seem to download. Pressing ignore again will install the G5 folder in x-plane but no installer to add it to other aircraft

Thinking about this more I may know what is causing this. It's unique to this product. Let me run a few tests and re-code something and I'll get back with you in this topic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronCondor said:

This is great! I read through the manuals. Quick question. Can it be integrated into a plane with a GTN750 running? I was thinking about using it with the Bonanza F33A.

It sure should! The G5 reads the standard HSI based datarefs, so as long as the RXP GTNs set those, it should work.

17 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

I unzipped the installer first. Turned off all firewalls and anti virus and still the same thing.

Decided to ignore the errors on component 3 and component 4 (G5 installer Windows and MAC)

I dont know if I have required files missing but the product seems to work fine on the simulator.

56 minutes ago, Davenl said:

Okay, I believe I have it resolved. Please go to your account and re-download the G5, as the installers have been re-compiled to hopefully solve this issue.

• Like 2

@Cameron

Great! I copied the files from the /G5 folder to the aircraft plugin folder and got it working. Guess the installer does the same? I do have some small issues.

@Coop

How can I change the altimeter to mbar?

I have 2 issues I need to investigate further but on PFD B I get half a HSI. Switching PFD A to HSI gives a full HSI. I also noted rotating the aircraft OBS the compass rose of the HSI starts to wobble. Both might be related to the way I installed the G5 so I will do some more research to figure it out.

I added the files to the plugin folder or the standard LR 172

g5_hsi.jpg

1 minute ago, Davenl said:

Great! I copied the files from the /G5 folder to the aircraft plugin folder and got it working. Guess the installer does the same? I do have some small issues.

The installer also places an aircraft installer app. I advise you re-download and re-install to ensure you have all components of the product you paid for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The installer also places an aircraft installer app. I advise you re-download and re-install to ensure you have all components of the product you paid for.

Will do it asap and let you know if it fixed the problem. It might also fix some of the issues I have now but I had to try to get it to work :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davenl said:

@Cameron

@Coop

How can I change the altimeter to mbar?

I have 2 issues I need to investigate further but on PFD B I get half a HSI. Switching PFD A to HSI gives a full HSI. I also noted rotating the aircraft OBS the compass rose of the HSI starts to wobble. Both might be related to the way I installed the G5 so I will do some more research to figure it out.

I added the files to the plugin folder or the standard LR 172

g5_hsi.jpg

Altimeter to mbar is being worked on - it will be implemented in the next software update.

The cutoff display occurs when the G5 is being drawn at too high a resolution for that aircraft's Panel.png, so it is drawing beyond the size of the "canvas". At https://afms.im/g5wiki under G5 acfConfig.cfg description, you can see how the config file is written. You can change the width and height of the G5 window setting g5_w_a/b for width and g5_h_a/b for height, and g5_x_a/b and g5_y_a/b for the coordinate of the bottom left corner of the display (full description at page linked). 

For the C172, the installer should have installed "Cessna 172SP G5" into your Aircraft/X-Aviation folder with all the configuration already made and ready to fly. 

@Coop

I will give it a try! The screenshot was from a popup on a different screen. Just got the G5 installed correctly and I will mess around a bit with it!

I will be waiting eagerly for the mbar option!

Wish you a lot of sales so you can keep up the support and development! IRL this is a very nice instrument!

garmin_dual.jpg

• Like 1

• Coop unpinned this topic