TBM900 crashing

Jan Naslund

On 3/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, Goran_M said:

Can you try the following:

Remove all 3rd party plugins except Gizmo and remove your state folder (found in X-Plane 11/Output/TBM900) and try again.

The state folder will rebuild itself.

Hi Goran,

Did as you suggested, still crashing.  Should I remove the custom scenery next?

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

Edited by jbucholz

Question for the previous reporters: do you have AMD GPUs? I'm experiencing very similar symptoms and what I'm experiencing is a GPU crash with my AMD 5700 XT. What's interesting however is I'm only getting this crash with the TBM, no other plane is having this problem for me. That said there's also an ongoing problem with the latest AMD GPUs crashing due to various problems, but this has been specific to me with only the TBM which is the interesting part.

Nothing of interest in my Log.txt, I get a screen flash and X-Plane then goes unresponsive, the sim doesn't even get a chance to log any errors.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Looks like this isn't just happening with the TBM, I just had the same crash with the AFL C172. Feel free to disregard but I'm curious who else in here also has an AMD card?

Edited by Phunyun

There's a duplicate OpenGL init from X-Plane. We don't generate those WGL_ARB_buffer_region WGL_ARB_create_context WGL_ARB_create_context_no_error... messages.

And the crash occurs right after that message line...

Looks like some X-Plane background thread doing something.  The only thing that can prove this is trying a clean install of X-Plane with no plugins and seeing if the crash still keeps happening.

Is it possible to first remove all 3rd party plugins and seeing if the crash still occurs?

I have narrowed down the cause (sort of) of my crash.  It has to do with the cockpit builder displays.  I did another fresh install of the TBM and removed every file from the x-plane folder.  Ran X-Plane and the TBM loaded without crashing.  After that I put in the cockpit_builder.cfg in the output folder then hit the "cockpit builder" key in xplane, it instantly crashed.

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

I have asked around, and there are other cockpit builders who are not having these crashes.  I was waiting for a few more people to get back to me, but so far, from the people who have gotten back to me, no crashes.  Taking into consideration I don't have a cockpit, is it possible the file could be corrupt or misconfigured somehow?

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

I've passed your log on to Saso.  Either he or I will post back with any other findings.

Goran,

I want to thank you for all of your patience in helping me out.  The cause of my issue was a faulty GPU.  It seems that my second video card has died even though it was displaying as if it was working, as soon as it had to process any graphics it would crash.  I am now running my G1000 displays on my onboard GPU and it is working.