Predefined sky colors SkyMaxxPro

hebeoy

Hi

with win 10 64 bit fully updated and x plane 11.41

I cannot select and apply any of the predefined themes from sky maxx

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling sky maxx but that did not solve the problem

I can scroll and see the themes but not select and then apply

Help needed

Henrik

You mean if you click on a different sky color set, it does not highlight it? The screen itself looks correct to me.

As explained in the text right above it, changes you make there won't take effect until you restart X-Plane. But you should be able to select a different choice there, close the dialog, and see the change applied after restarting X-Plane.

I am aware of the procedure but the problem is exactly that I can not highlight a set!

I can scroll and see the different sets but it is locked on the set “Sky Maxx Hosek-Wilkie Sky Model”

Earlier it has been working ok. Can it has something to do with win 10 64 bit newest version and fully updated and X plane 11.41 and/or any combination with Sky Maxx 4.8.2

Now what?

Henrik

That's really weird. All I can tell you is that it works for me on the latest update of Windows 10, and the latest X-Plane and SkyMaxx Pro versions - and I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this. My guess is that something else installed on your system is interfering with X-Plane's UI in some weird way. Did you install any other plugins around the time when this started happening? It might be possible for another add-on to corrupt the coordinate system we're assuming in that dialog box.

If not, my best advice would be to install a fresh copy of X-Plane into a new folder, install nothing but SkyMaxx Pro into it, and see if it works then.

I am back. Fresh install of x plane and sky maxx and nothing more. Ok. 
But I discovered that the problem is when you have a two monitors setup. You have to run sky maxx and x plane together on the main monitor. If as I did you move x plane to monitor two (which is bigger) and try to install a set you will not be able to select and then apply. So stay on main monitor, make your selections with sky maxx, restart x plane and then move x plane to monitor two because of the bigger screen. Kind of a work around!

Does this make any sense to you?

Henrik

I can't explain exactly why that workaround works or is necessary, but it makes sense. We're actually working with Laminar now on some other issues surrounding how plugin dialog boxes work, so it's possible we'll uncover the root cause of what you're seeing in the process.