Autopilot does not engage anymore

Dguy

Ixeg 737 has always been working flawlessly untill today. Unable engaging the autopilot in xplane11.40. Cmd is replaced by cws in a second. After selecting a/p off, f/d off, a/t off and then after selecting them all back on still unsuccessful reengaging a/p. I tried it during climb(flch/hdg) as well as level flight. All other Add-on airplanes autopilots are functioning properly. Should I reinstall ixeg 737 overiding the files of the one installed ,or should I delete first the one one installed and then re-install a new copy?

i also restarted xplane11 and loaded a default airplane first before loading the ixeg plane and vice versa.

Edited by Dguy

My money is on your joystick being not centered when you try to engage the autopilot. This is modeled according to the real autopilot which can not be engaged when the control wheel is deflected from zero.

You can adjust the size of this "zero zone" in the preference settings, if you have a spiky joystick this may be necessary.

Let me know how it goes, Jan

Whenever I set a/p on ixeg or some other add-on’s It’s hands off on the yoke to avoid cws. I am not home at my pc now but I read something about adjusting the 0 center of the yoke last night which I will try. Yoke is 20+ years old (still game-port), but works fine. I am very familiar with Boeing products, although I retired from flying.

Alright, I am pretty sure that this will be your solution - increase the setting for that center null area.

The real 737 has either the mechanical lock-out bolts that you can hear whenever you move the yoke (click-click-click....) or the engagement is locked out electronically on the more modern MCPs (which we model).

Cheers, Jan

Jan,

As suggested I adjusted the 0 center of the yoke, but no joy.

Then I did uninstall ixeg B737 after downloading a fresh copy from x-aviation, and installed the freshly downloaded file. Unfortunately still not able engaging autopilot. Funny thing is FF767/757, zibo.s and other have no problems. Until recently the Ixeg b737 ran flawless. The only thing I added since were a few different liveries. Yes my yoke/rudders (CH) are still gameport (using gameport/usb adapter). I am familiar with flying different types of rw boeings, although I never flown the 737 (except in lvl.D sim). 
Beside the autopilot problem the Ixeg 733 flies fine.

Also I recently upgraded xplane11.26 to xplane11.40, so the majority of non issue flights were on version .26. 
Or time to acquire an Alpha Yoke from honeycomb.
Any suggestions?

Edited by Dguy

Hi Dgyu,

try to "output" your joystick values to the screen - that way you can see if your joystick axes are indeed center (value 0) or if they are off-centered or spiky.

Go to the tab "DATA OUTPUT", then click on the leftmost field in row 8 (Joystick Aileron/Elevator/Rudder).

In the IXEG Preferences pop-out menu move the slider for "Joystick CWS Deadzone" all the way to the right.

Also doublecheck if the hardware profile that is assigned in X-Plane to be used with the IXEG 737 is the correct one and that no conflicts with other axis exist.

Let me know what you find out, Jan

Jan,

The problem seems to be with my older yoke, and in particular to the pitch mode, which seems to spike now and then. I guess another yoke might be the solution.
I cannot complain after 20 years of use, and grandchildren playing with it.

I was able today the engage the autopilot. Thank You for Your kind help. 
Happy Landings.

Edited by Dguy
  • Like 1