Navigraph Data Available for the CRJ

Why I need to show you some of addons men?

You claimed to know what it takes to make an add on.  I'm giving you an opportunity to prove it.

Hey, waked up I'm end user, not developer. This is market and I have chose and I have right to chose between other's product. I hope you can understand.

That's obvious.  And you proved my point brilliantly.  You have the right to choose. 

But you do not have the right to demand a product.  You do not have the right to call ANYONE stupid. 

Don't try to tell my what I done for X-Plane community. This is not open source community and it's commercial market ok? Can you understand this? I'm end user who can pay your or others product. You have a product, I have a money. Fill the difference. I'm not declare like I'm other developer of X-Plane addon's.

Again, exactly.  You have the money to pay for a product.  It's OUR responsibility as developers to give you a product worthy of your money. 

I know best defense position is attack, but this arguments looks like ... you know what.

Depends.  You attacked.  Please re-read your original post and see if you can notice the attack.

If you are talking about PMDG, they already have good product MD, B747 it's enough.Do you have products like this? Of course answer is no! So best way for you it's to talk about PMDG or other's team only after you are going to have products at the same level. Air simmer has released really good aircraft Airbus. What we have for X-Plane? Few variations of Cessna? I don't want to bye another one Cessna or little one aircraft. I fed up of this. I would like to fly on normal commercial jet (of course online). I what users can see on X-Plane shops? A lot of little aircraft's, cessna, cessna and again cessna.

Ok this one confused me.  Yeah, PMDG have good products.  Excellent systems modelling.  My point remains the same.  They have a team of 8 people working on the 737.  They have been around for over 10 years.  They promised a 737 in Mid 2010.  They are 1 year late.  All those developers on 1 project and they are 1 year late.  The CRJ has 3 developers and Javier has been here for only 3 years.

See the difference?

What about scenery like Aerosoft, FlyTampa or SimWings? Nobody have this kind of level of addons for X-Plane. AES? Not have... Ohhh... I know only one really good addon more or less to closer of this level... and it's UUDD - Domodedovo maded by JAR...

What does this have to do with the CRJ and late releases??

No one is forcing you to stay here and refresh the forums 260 times an hour.  Of course, you are more than welcome to keep checking, but you are waaaaay out of line when you think we OWE you something.  You have paid no money.  No one here owes you anything.

Relax, be patient.

well it is easy... the most easy things takes a lot of time. This is not a cessna instalation... Even Cameron has other things to work also.. he is not 100% time making the CRJ... .. because there are other costumers that maybe don't like the CRJ and just are the same important as the ones on CRJ part.

So.. just please relax!

Thanks

Javier, we are talking about business. As I can understand you are freelancer (maybe I wrong), but if you partners provide for you some kind of commitment and they can't to do it maybe it's time to thinking about to change your partners? Just for sample Aerosoft has much more bigger customers community and they start to work with X-Plane. I suppose they can made this things much more quickly then your partners and provide much more quality.

Glad to hear the Navigraph data is out as of this cycle. Sounds like it's time to renew my subscription. I'm building CRJ flight plans while I wait using the correct flight plan format, But it's hard to do too much with them because of the lack of planning charts yet. Once the plane is released I can finish them up and I'll have a whole library of accurate flight plans! (Fun and excitement I know :) )

Javier, we are talking about business. As I can understand you are freelancer (maybe I wrong), but if you partners provide for you some kind of commitment and they can't to do it maybe it's time to thinking about to change your partners? Just for sample Aerosoft has much more bigger customers community and they start to work with X-Plane. I suppose they can made this things much more quickly then your partners and provide much more quality.

I've been known to say some stupid shit on the forums, but seriously dude... that's pretty out of line.

Hansa, I suggest you stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.

That is completely out of line and inappropriate.

If you want to buy payware, you have the right to do so.

As you said, you are an end user.  Let's keep it there.

I'm telling you this for your own good.

Why I need to show you some of addons men?

You claimed to know what it takes to make an add on.  I'm giving you an opportunity to prove it.

Hey, waked up I'm end user, not developer. This is market and I have chose and I have right to chose between other's product. I hope you can understand.

That's obvious.  And you proved my point brilliantly.  You have the right to choose. 

But you do not have the right to demand a product.  You do not have the right to call ANYONE stupid. 

Don't try to tell my what I done for X-Plane community. This is not open source community and it's commercial market ok? Can you understand this? I'm end user who can pay your or others product. You have a product, I have a money. Fill the difference. I'm not declare like I'm other developer of X-Plane addon's.

Again, exactly.  You have the money to pay for a product.  It's OUR responsibility as developers to give you a product worthy of your money. 

I know best defense position is attack, but this arguments looks like ... you know what.

Depends.  You attacked.  Please re-read your original post and see if you can notice the attack.

If you are talking about PMDG, they already have good product MD, B747 it's enough.Do you have products like this? Of course answer is no! So best way for you it's to talk about PMDG or other's team only after you are going to have products at the same level. Air simmer has released really good aircraft Airbus. What we have for X-Plane? Few variations of Cessna? I don't want to bye another one Cessna or little one aircraft. I fed up of this. I would like to fly on normal commercial jet (of course online). I what users can see on X-Plane shops? A lot of little aircraft's, cessna, cessna and again cessna.

Ok this one confused me.  Yeah, PMDG have good products.  Excellent systems modelling.  My point remains the same.  They have a team of 8 people working on the 737.  They have been around for over 10 years.  They promised a 737 in Mid 2010.  They are 1 year late.  All those developers on 1 project and they are 1 year late.  The CRJ has 3 developers and Javier has been here for only 3 years.

See the difference?

What about scenery like Aerosoft, FlyTampa or SimWings? Nobody have this kind of level of addons for X-Plane. AES? Not have... Ohhh... I know only one really good addon more or less to closer of this level... and it's UUDD - Domodedovo maded by JAR...

No one is forcing you to stay here and refresh the forums 260 times an hour.  Of course, you are more than welcome to keep checking, but you are waaaaay out of line when you think we OWE you something.  You have paid no money.  No one here owes you anything.

Relax, be patient.

Common! What I need to prove to you? I have money to pay this product or that? For me it's look like funny. If you are asking what I can do for X-Plane community, so my answer I can finance them. Did you understand this? You are not open source developer, you are commercial developer. You are trying to take revenue from this market you are not develop some of products for free. Don't say for me what I can do or some thing like. I'm not working on red cross and you too. Ok?

Read carefully. I didn't say somebody is stupid. Show me there I call you or Javier as a stupid men?

Why you are talking about PMDG? Right now we are talking about CRJ release, ok? Problems of PMDG it's a problems of PMDG not your or Javier. Ok? People pay for them, cause they already have good products. What about you? Cessna, cessna, cessna and again cessna or similar aircraft. You don't have this product, they have and they have this market. Users not pay for promises, users pay products. Ok? Feel the difference. You can say... we still not do it, cause it's so so so havy... so so so long time bla bla bla look at bla bla bla they have delay X years bla bla bla bla... Wake up the flight simulation market already have products. In fact you are in the end of train. Would like to be a leader... hurry up!

Relax, be patient.

What's typical for X-Plane community. Of course no one here owes to me, like I'm not owes for somebody here. But I suppose you would like to watch some of money for you work at your bank account and if you would like to watch my money or money of others people try to keep your announces, dates and commitments. Ok?

Well.. I work on Laminar Research also, and I feel there very very confortable and it is a great group, that must say all from the begging has been really great and hope I can continue with them for long.

But if you talk about my partners on this CRJ200 project I must say that maybe we didn't have the money but for sure none PMDG, none Microsoft, none other big company had more illusion than us making it. And sometimes it is not a problem paying a bit of more time consuming to release something if it is released and we made it with illusion and LOVE... because I must say, this CRJ was made with LOVE and CARE in little details. If not, we wouln't be talking right now about the CRJ soon release.

anyway.. this is just because the wait. Lets Cameron work (any reply from Cameron here are minutes away from the CRJ installers).

Hansa, I suggest you stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.

That is completely out of line and inappropriate.

If you want to buy payware, you have the right to do so.

As you said, you are an end user.  Let's keep it there.

I'm telling you this for your own good.

I'm not man who can smile to front of you in one moment and in next moment say something really bad at your back. I know this is typical for a lot of people around of Europe or USA (mentality). I told you here about business true, and how it's look from different point. And of course I can understand this is can be family or friends business. People can lobby they interests or support friends. But... for a one moment. If it's happen in a big business, companies changed partners it's normal and it's not from out of line.

Amen to that last comment, let's get back to the Thread Navigraph!

Question, if OK. Will the Navigraph updates automatically load into the program or will we need to drop a file into X-Plane? Thxs. Great picture of the Dead Horse!

Were any animals injured in this pic? ;D

Will the Navigraph updates automatically load into the program or will we need to drop a file into X-Plane?

Navigraph doesn't provide an auto-updater. You have to download a zip manually and extract that to your X-Plane folder.

Oh i am excited about this......however I am awfully tired of going in circles with this topic of release date.........why cant people just understand that it will be ready when its ready.......ask questions about how she flies, how to operate stuff and how to work this apparently fabulous FMS computer but in the name of all that is holy, quit asking when its ready pretty please with sugar on top....for one every time there is a new posting on a topic I dash in to see whether it is a pertinent question regarding the operation of the plane......when i see its another storm in a teacup about someone's sense of entitlement it makes me sad for these guys who are working so hard to have to waste more time writing long replies!

In response to anyone looking for routes to fly when this bird comes out......I heartily recommend looking at www.x-usairways.com and becoming a pilot. We operate every real world route of US-Air (around 4000) and we certainly fly the heck out of our crj200's currently.

I look forward to seeing her and to adding her to our fleet! Javier and staff - you need no comparisons made between you and any other company, x-plane related or otherwise....you are doing a fantastic job and will be duly rewarded by huge sales of this plane I am sure!

Best regards,

Phil

I think i can tell you why these questions are around, but im not in the mood for long discussions cause its not my business. Some things seem to be not that professional, but well it is the first project of the team. On the other hand - i wouldn't forget that questions are coming from your customers. And some of them helped out with betatesting.

Real question here. I am trying to understand the difference between Navigraph data and AIRAC data which is available at the X-Plane Airport and Navigation Data link on the official X-Plane Downloads page.

My understanding is that whenever I update X-Plane to the most recent version, the airport and navigation data will be updated automatically as well, if the update did happen to include new airport/navigation data.

On page 69 of the CRJ manual, it makes reference to the Navigraph database that is installed on the CRJ, and the ability to purchase newer Navigraph data as new updates eventually become available.

What I am wondering though, is the option to buy newer Navigraph data for the FMS: 1) a nice thing to do once in a while, 2) a necessity to do to, or 3) will the initial Navigraph data that comes with the CRJ be all that I am ever going to need. I don't mind eventually getting a Navigraph account for purchasing updated data for the CRJ, but can I get along without it?

The other thought I had, would there ever be a situation that the X-Plane AIRAC data could conflict with Navigraph data to cause problems? Or, is it a case that the CRJ uses Navigraph data solely for the FMS,and doesn't access any other X-Plane airport/nav data? Also, if initial version 1.0 of the CRJ is updated to a version 1.1 at some point in the future, would such an aircraft update then come with a newer Navigraph database as well?

Thanks.

It depends on what you fly. If you fly online almost all the time, and usually under ATC guidance you might want to update it more often, as arrivals and routes change. However if you just fly on your own you should be ok with the release.

The difference is the accuracy and contents of the data. The Navigraph data includes Approaches, SID/STAR data, airways, and nav fixes. The default x-plane data is user maintained as opposed to the navigraph stuff which presumably get their data directly from the major providers. X-Plane's data does not include approaches or SID/STAR data. Another important thing to note is that the default data is for the entire native x-plane world, and the Navigraph data will only work for the three devices that currently use it  in X-Plane (UFMC/EADT's new GPS and the CRJ) No other planes will be able to use the data.

X-Plane's data does not include approaches or SID/STAR data.

Crucial for VATSIM/IVAO not to mention the disconnect between updated fixes etc compared to XP data if using 3rd party flight planners like Flight Sim Commander.

Hi by the way.

Also this is the first non-prop XP aircraft I have been interested in and by incorporating a proper FMC along with what appears to be an excellent cockpit model I think the forthcoming airplane will make a huge impact and even impress the FSX diehard crowd especially if it runs nicely scaled to the average user's system (lol i.e. mine haha).

Once you have it comfortably released (with any initial gremlins sorted) I will be a purchaser. Support your local devs I always say and waving NAVIGRAPH support in my face is as good as saying "pro"  :P.

Best of luck getting it out the door. Looks like you have some folks eagerly (if rudely impatiently) awaiting this bird!

Cheers

Ted

p.s. That Edder Vedder clip is meh.

Another important thing to note is that the default data is for the entire native x-plane world, and the Navigraph data will only work for the three devices that currently use it  in X-Plane (UFMC/EADT's new GPS and the CRJ) No other planes will be able to use the data.

If you're lucky enough to have an iPad, then you can use AirTrack and use navigraph Sid Stars etc...with any planes.

Cheers !

Michel

Real question here. I am trying to understand the difference between Navigraph data and AIRAC data which is available at the X-Plane Airport and Navigation Data link on the official X-Plane Downloads page.

My understanding is that whenever I update X-Plane to the most recent version, the airport and navigation data will be updated automatically as well, if the update did happen to include new airport/navigation data.

On page 69 of the CRJ manual, it makes reference to the Navigraph database that is installed on the CRJ, and the ability to purchase newer Navigraph data as new updates eventually become available.

What I am wondering though, is the option to buy newer Navigraph data for the FMS: 1) a nice thing to do once in a while, 2) a necessity to do to, or 3) will the initial Navigraph data that comes with the CRJ be all that I am ever going to need. I don't mind eventually getting a Navigraph account for purchasing updated data for the CRJ, but can I get along without it?

The other thought I had, would there ever be a situation that the X-Plane AIRAC data could conflict with Navigraph data to cause problems? Or, is it a case that the CRJ uses Navigraph data solely for the FMS,and doesn't access any other X-Plane airport/nav data? Also, if initial version 1.0 of the CRJ is updated to a version 1.1 at some point in the future, would such an aircraft update then come with a newer Navigraph database as well?

Thanks.

I think it depends on whether you like to fly real world routes with current charts.  This is true for online and offline flying.  If so, you need to stay up on the current AIRAC cycle so that your FMC routes can match your planned routes and charts.  I always purchase the year subscription from Navigraph and am set for the whole year.  This CRJ will be download #9 for me with all my FSX add-ons that I update regularly.  I would never be without the updates.  I generally get my routes off of FlightAware.com (for domestic carriers anyway) to match real world flights.

Stacey