GARMIN stays black

Mindyourstep

Hello, good day,

It has been a long time since I'm in my Pacific Coastal transporting some locals from one to another freezing cold place in Canada, in the cosy warm heated cabin of my SAAB...what am I talking? Sorry...I just want to say that I recall turning a knob on the GARMIN and the screen will light up. Now suddenly nothing happens; the screen stays black. Is there something I miss? All avionics are on, though. I'm going VOR to VOR right now, as long as that helps me find my way.

All the best. 

Edited by Mindyourstep

On 12/10/2019 at 8:59 AM, airfighter said:

There is a "ghost bug" with GPSs. Sometime they do not work for no particular reason, and after a couple of flights, fix themselves. 

Restart a couple times the sim to see if has been fixed. Switch a few different aircrafts, some with no GPS, and go back to see if has been fixed.

Thanks for the info. I'll try...in the mean time, good opportunity practicing VOR-to-VOR..

edit: (4 days later). GARMIN is connected again to power socket and working. (With or without it...such a great plane to hop around the ortho-photoscenery covered Hawaii islands!) 

Edited by Mindyourstep