Screens issues with last update

danhenri

I responded to this issue in a different support thread and said it might to be added to the bug report. I reverted back to .09 as a step to diagnose the possible issue. These are the exact same issues I was getting. I just bought the product last monday and then after the update I realised the screens were not acting right, along with the missing cas warnings, and maybe even some AP issues.

Thankfully, I could revert back to the older version. If there is a quick fix, I'll gladly reinstall the update but I do hope this get resolved and updated quickly in a new packaged version.

9 hours ago, Jf17 said:

I don't any have hardware controlling my avionics. I just use a normal Joystick for flying, that's all hardware I'm using for X-Plane.

In addition to that I only use very few mods and scenery addons too.

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

The only thing I can think of is maybe try a reinstall.  Failing that, try removing the files out of your state folder and reload the TBM.  Reloading will rebuild your files.  But try the reinstall first.  This has fixed many peoples issues.

1 hour ago, heavylift said:

Could we at least get the old version back for the moment until this issue is resolved ? Right now the airplane is unflyable. At least with the old version we can fly it.

I don't think that's possible.  Old installers are not archived on the servers.  A fix is being worked on as quickly as possible.  You should hopefully have it within a week or 2

4 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I don't think that's possible.  Old installers are not archived on the servers.  A fix is being worked on as quickly as possible.  You should hopefully have it within a week or 2

My mistake was not testing the update on a different installation. But then again, I shouldn't have had to. I think in the future, a copy of the current version will have to be made available in case this happens again. On the server or somewhere else . 2 weeks is too long.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The only thing I can think of is maybe try a reinstall.  Failing that, try removing the files out of your state folder and reload the TBM.  Reloading will rebuild your files.  But try the reinstall first.  This has fixed many peoples issues. 

Thank you for your advice. I will try reinstalling the Tbm in the  next days and I will post back if it actually has fixed the issue.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:25 AM, Goran_M said:

I did a clean reinstall of the airplane but it didn't fix the issue.

Despite this issue the Tbm 900 is still a great airplane, so for now I will leave it like that. Maybe I will later delete the State folder but actually I don't want to lose my airframes.

2 hours ago, Jf17 said:

I did a clean reinstall of the airplane but it didn't fix the issue.

Despite this issue the Tbm 900 is still a great airplane, so for now I will leave it like that. Maybe I will later delete the State folder but actually I don't want to lose my airframes.

The next update will be out shortly.  We appreciate your understanding and hopefully it won't be too much of a wait for the update so you can get the TBM going again.  

On 12/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, Goran_M said:

The next update will be out shortly.  We appreciate your understanding and hopefully it won't be too much of a wait for the update so you can get the TBM going again.  

@Goran_M - Thank you for the update. Your team is doing great and you all have been good on responding. I think many here appreciate your support. Even outside of the TBM community, I have heard nothing but positive experiences and praise for your engagement and commitment to fixing issues when they arise. I know you are trying to resolve the mac bug in the new update and I'm looking forward to the fix as soon as possible.

With that said, two weeks to fix a bug caused by the release update is way too long to wait for the price we paid for this 3rd party addon, this especially unreasonable considering we aren't given the ability to reinstall the previous version. It is frustrating, and unbelievably disappointing. I'm one of the lucky ones because I didn't delete the previous installer. I am a full stack developer so I am more careful about how I manage my version control. I was able to revert back but I still don't get the advantages of an update that addresses previous performance issues, and bug fixes from the last dev cycle. 

I don't blame your team for the lacking options to obtain an earlier working version of the aircraft. It is out of your hands and I know that. However,  it is totally unacceptable that paying customers who didn't think to backup their files before the update, can't even reclaim a previous working version. I just bought your addon on Cyber Monday, and was only flying the aircraft for two days before updating to a version that broke the model. I would have been extremely pissed if I wasn't able to fly the TBM after updating and couldn't revert back.

In my opinion, having an option to at least download the previous update is the responsibility of X-Avation and X-avation should be doing everything they can to get a working copy back into our hands.

They provide a bi-directional distributing service for for both the development teams here and us clients who purchase your product. The prices we are paying for one of the top, if the not the number #1 rated GA aircraft in the X-Plane market community should at the very least include support for a previous stable version.

The fact X-aviation would even go so far as to deny us an older working version by request is a pathetically poor policy. As customers, we already don't receive a money back guarantee on digital product we may not be satisfied with. Which to be fair, for anyone reading this: That is standard practice with digital products and something I'm not complaining about about but a lot of companies in other industries have other ways to make up for this risk of digital purchase.  

So, yeah, I expect services such as this to have similar methods to assist us. X-Aviation should do everything in their power to satisfy frustrated customer, especially when there is very little recourse for us when things don't work as expected. Also, (and please correct me if I am wrong) but I have found no instructions or small print advising us to backup our files before an updating due to the fact earlier version aren't available to revert back to.  While you'd think that would be common knowledge that everyone practices, the range of user experience here is vast; not to mention this product is uses an installer which is known to experience fewer issues warranting a backup.  

Your team is also paying for the X-Avavation service. You are more than likely giving them a percentage of sales to use their licensing protection installer technology, their branding, their digital market platform, and their high standing name recognition within the industry. It only hurts the reputation of your product and development. Not everyone who purchases your wonderful 3rd party add-on knows that you aren't in any way affiliated.  

I just wanted to share my opinion and my disappointment because I think it is only fair that we ask X-Aviation to revise their version control policy to include the last stable release as a download option on all of the addons sold from this marketplace and maybe if the actual product developers here also make a demand for this, then us dissatisfied customers who payed almost $70 wouldn't be completely screwed waiting around for the fix and instead could at least still use the product while we wait for the fix.   

I really hope I can update to the newest version very soon because it is upsetting me that I'm stuck with an older version and it is even more upsetting that other paying customer can't use your aircraft because they have no ability to revert to the last working copy and X-Avavation is doing anything to get a working copy into  our hands.  

Regaudless, thank you for all of your hard work.  It is an amazing addon despite the issue on the newest version. 
Pelan    

Edited by PelanPelan
  • Upvote 2

Hell of a response.  I have to say, it was very double sided.  "You're doing great work, but some of your policies really suck!".  That's what I was getting from your post.  We can all understand the frustration people like yourself are going through, but we're going through the same thing.  And then some.  I've had people tell me some very harsh things in private.  Demanding refunds.  Telling me I don't know how to run a business (even though Hot Start is not my company, I do, however, treat it as any partner would).  Demanding access to their previous version.  All this does not speed up the process.  We're doing the absolute best we can.  A few weeks for an update is, I think, more than reasonable.  A very well known dev company for FSX took 18 months for an update for one of their add ons to come out.  X-Plane itself can take months between updates.  The X-Plane beta process can also take months.  

We (Hot Start) are very visible in the community, and I personally frequent all the social media sites to check to see whether people are having problems with not only my add ons, but also the TBM.  

I understand your main issue is people not having access to an earlier version of the TBM, but that is something that, as you say, needs to be taken up with X-Aviation.  However, I do know there may be issues with the older version running on X-Plane 11.41, so there would be issues either way, anyway.  

We love that people love this add on as much as they do.  It's very motivating and fills us with a massive sense of accomplishment.  The best we can do is just work as hard and as fast as we can.  We do this on weekends, holidays, and at ridiculous hours.  3am is not an uncommon time for either Saso or myself to quit for the day and go to sleep.  Regardless if it's for working on a new add on or a free update.  All I can promise you is that we're doing our best at making sure people get what they want as quickly as possible.  

Edited by Goran_M

On 12/23/2019 at 4:00 AM, PelanPelan said:

@Goran_M - Thank you for the update. Your team is doing great and you all have been good on responding. I think many here appreciate your support. Even outside of the TBM community, I have heard nothing but positive experiences and praise for your engagement and commitment to fixing issues when they arise. I know you are trying to resolve the mac bug in the new update and I'm looking forward to the fix as soon as possible.

With that said, two weeks to fix a bug caused by the release update is way too long to wait for the price we paid for this 3rd party addon, this especially unreasonable considering we aren't given the ability to reinstall the previous version. It is frustrating, and unbelievably disappointing. I'm one of the lucky ones because I didn't delete the previous installer. I am a full stack developer so I am more careful about how I manage my version control. I was able to revert back but I still don't get the advantages of an update that addresses previous performance issues, and bug fixes from the last dev cycle. 

I don't blame your team for the lacking options to obtain an earlier working version of the aircraft. It is out of your hands and I know that. However,  it is totally unacceptable that paying customers who didn't think to backup their files before the update, can't even reclaim a previous working version. I just bought your addon on Cyber Monday, and was only flying the aircraft for two days before updating to a version that broke the model. I would have been extremely pissed if I wasn't able to fly the TBM after updating and couldn't revert back.

In my opinion, having an option to at least download the previous update is the responsibility of X-Avation and X-avation should be doing everything they can to get a working copy back into our hands.

They provide a bi-directional distributing service for for both the development teams here and us clients who purchase your product. The prices we are paying for one of the top, if the not the number #1 rated GA aircraft in the X-Plane market community should at the very least include support for a previous stable version.

The fact X-aviation would even go so far as to deny us an older working version by request is a pathetically poor policy. As customers, we already don't receive a money back guarantee on digital product we may not be satisfied with. Which to be fair, for anyone reading this: That is standard practice with digital products and something I'm not complaining about about but a lot of companies in other industries have other ways to make up for this risk of digital purchase.  

So, yeah, I expect services such as this to have similar methods to assist us. X-Aviation should do everything in their power to satisfy frustrated customer, especially when there is very little recourse for us when things don't work as expected. Also, (and please correct me if I am wrong) but I have found no instructions or small print advising us to backup our files before an updating due to the fact earlier version aren't available to revert back to.  While you'd think that would be common knowledge that everyone practices, the range of user experience here is vast; not to mention this product is uses an installer which is known to experience fewer issues warranting a backup.  

Your team is also paying for the X-Avavation service. You are more than likely giving them a percentage of sales to use their licensing protection installer technology, their branding, their digital market platform, and their high standing name recognition within the industry. It only hurts the reputation of your product and development. Not everyone who purchases your wonderful 3rd party add-on knows that you aren't in any way affiliated.  

I just wanted to share my opinion and my disappointment because I think it is only fair that we ask X-Aviation to revise their version control policy to include the last stable release as a download option on all of the addons sold from this marketplace and maybe if the actual product developers here also make a demand for this, then us dissatisfied customers who payed almost $70 wouldn't be completely screwed waiting around for the fix and instead could at least still use the product while we wait for the fix.   

I really hope I can update to the newest version very soon because it is upsetting me that I'm stuck with an older version and it is even more upsetting that other paying customer can't use your aircraft because they have no ability to revert to the last working copy and X-Avavation is doing anything to get a working copy into  our hands.  

Regaudless, thank you for all of your hard work.  It is an amazing addon despite the issue on the newest version. 
Pelan    

REALLY THANKS YOU FOR YOUR POST!

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

Unfortunately, I am one of them who don’t  have backup of 1.1.9. So I can’t use my plane for my $65.

I am really frustrated and I know it’s not related to Hot Start. But to X-Aviation. 

I wrote direct message to X-Aviation with an ask for link to 1.1.9 installer so I receive  this really unsatisfying reply:

Quoting: ”Previous versions are not archived for download on our servers.
Best Regards,
Cameron

Nothing else.

I don’t really understand to this policy and I made my own opinion on that platform (X-Aviation).