Anti-Ice Bug - Aircraft Crashed

Cptburgos

Hello developers:

I was in climb from 15000 to FL350, there was moisture outside and the TAT was 0ºC, i decided to turn on Engine anti-ice and wing anti-ice, inmediatly the speed become to drop dramatically and the plane goes to stall and i crashed.

That is a un-realistic behavior right?...

X-Plane 11.40 with new flight model activated.

Thanks.

Hmm, that should not happen - the new flight model will "work" with the IXEG, but the performance numbers will be off (mostly the drag being different). For now I would suggest to use the IXEG with the "new flight model" option UN-checked.

I have not checked, but the anti-ice behaviour should not be changed for 11.40. It sounds like you encountered icing, but the anti-ice should counter that.

You can always "visualize" the icing status by using the on-screen display in numerical values in X-Plane. (Dataref output on screen). You can see the "icing" build up when encountering icing conditions, and you can also see the effect of the anti-ice removing the icing again.

Cheers, Jan