GPS sometimes does not power on

FlyAgi

As you are working on an update I thought it might be useful to report a nasty bug I experienced:

Sometimes I can't get the GPS turned on, it does not respond to the avionics switch and the display remains black no matter what I do. This seem (I'm not completely sure about that) to happen after switching from a different aircraft to the sundowner (in a single X-Plane session) and, if this happens, the file 'states.dat' shows 0.0 value for the 'GPSOn'  line. Setting this value to 1.0 (or anything higher than 0.0) this gets fixed and the GPS gets powered on again.

Great plane btw, looks and flies great, sounds amazing and has no impact at all on FPS for me - this is a rare combination, most high end GA planes are FPS killers or their (engine) sounds are pretty weak.

:-)

Edited by FlyAgi

2 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

As you are working on an update I thought it might be useful to report a nasty bug I experienced:

Sometimes I can't get the GPS turned on, it does not respond to the avionics switch and the display remains black no matter what I do. This seem (I'm not completely sure about that) to happen after switching from a different aircraft to the sundowner (in a single X-Plane session) and, if this happens, the file 'states.dat' shows 0.0 value for the 'GPSOn'  line. Setting this value to 1.0 (or anything higher than 0.0) this gets fixed and the GPS gets powered on again.

Great plane btw, looks and flies great, sounds amazing and has no impact at all on FPS for me - this is a rare combination, most high end GA planes are FPS killers or their (engine) sounds are pretty weak.

The GPS issue, from our research, is sometimes a random issue coming from X-Plane. If you google it, you;ll see that pop ups from time to time. For example, during our testing, happened once and then gone away.

In the upcoming update, the GPS will be powered as soon as avionics get power.

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Edited by airfighter
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, airfighter said:

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Well... I have to thank you for the sundowner...

As I said before, this combination, high end visuals AND great sound AND great performance is really a rare combination and this is why I was always looking for new GA aircraft finaly not forcing me to make compromises in one of those categories.

• Like 1