Graphics turned weird

OlaHaldor

I loaded X-Plane. What do I see? Strange terrain. So I zoomed out and found this.  Now where does this come from?

I tried removing the XSquawk plugin I installed recently. No luck. I tried removing all plugins. Nope, no change.

Any clues? Worst case scenario: I re-install everything.. .

After further investigation, it looks like it's the shadow of the clouds. I've tried with the regular clouds and the ones I install with Real Environment Extreme. No change. The shadows shows in a strange pattern like above.

Weird thing is, there's no problems in any other games, nor OpenGL apps or games.

I just did a complete re-install. Took a backup of 3rd party planes and scenery, deleted all files in the X-Plane folder, and installed.

No change.

Well that sure is strange... Have you tried updating your gfx card's drivers? There may not be problems with other apps\games but it may lie in there. Also what version X-Plane are you running? And lastly if nothing works, try contacting X-Plane tech support.

Good luck!

I've got an "old" GPU. GTX 275. They don't issue updates for it very often, so yes, I've got the latest driver. I tried re-installing it too with no changes.

I'm running 9.69

Hmm well that sure is strange, I wish I could help you more  :-\

Yeah, very strange. I've got the exact same gpu, no probs yet..

But haven't you recently done a big upgrade of CPU/ mobo? This is way over my head, you've done all the right things it sounds. I'd log a bug report or contact Ben S who is very helpful.

Ah, I notice Ola is on 9.69 xplane, so maybe that is it, since I have no issues with the same card.

More reason for me not to upgrade past 9.62 that works perfect for me. I need the latest gpu driver for other software.

It's a great gpu too, I see no point in upgrading until the 590 becomes mainstream in less than a yr, 4 times the frames!

I recorded the Dash 8 video in 9.69 with the exact same setup as I have now. This problem just popped out from thin air.

How can I downgrade (or if I do a clean install, upgrade) to 9.62?

Yeah I was thinking either i5 2500K or GTX570. I'm very happy with the choice I made. I'll be going for a new GPU when the time is right.

At least you can run the CRJ, I've just found out that I can't  ???? >:)

How is that so? Don't you have a relatively modern i7 setup, Simon?

Thanks for the other reply, yeah I thought my setup should be ok. I have a very itchy upgrade finger, but not that itchy! I'm sure it'll be fixed in my morning when I follow your steps

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of emailing back and forth with Laminar, we ended up on a VERY old nVidia driver that didn't produce this issue. I can't even remember updating to a recent version except March or so. But that didn't work, so I had to go back to one released in September last year.

I have the worst luck. I used ATI all whilst the drivers didn't work with x-plane properly, changed to nvidia and the reverse is now true.

Sucks to be me.

I have the problem you describe with pixel shaders on and also have a frame rate bleed where fps falls over time to minimums.

Going to be flying FSX until X-plane starts working for me again a few months and drivers down the line.

If everything's fine for you Simon, Don't worry... be happy.

I just picked up a few orbx airports for Australia in the sale and the ezdok camera, so I've enough in FSX to keep me happy for a bit, and the CRJ isn't any use to me until they fix the problem with XPUIPC (I think in 1.1) anyway.

Most of the purchases I make are just to repaint for the VA anyway, c'est la vie!