Is this still alive?

Xiropillo

Its not that I am triggered or irritated - more amused and confused that someone who seems to think that X-Plane will be obsolete shortly is still asking for updates to it.

I agree that we haven´t delivered on the updates to the shortcomings of the 737 as we intended to do - for reasons outside my control. But I think we have been transparent as to why that didn´t happen and apologized for it as well.

I do not agree with your asessment that the IXEG 737 is not compatible with X-Plane 11.41 as you stated above. It is not using some of the latest features to full extent, but that does not make it incompatible.

Jan

Jan,

I didn't say X-Plane will be obsolete.  I do believe that if Asobo continues to deliver the base world they've created, and continues to add features like they are doing in the technical alpha build, then I will have no issue with making FS2020 my primary flight simulator.  Especially with PMDG already commiting to the platform, and others soon to follow.  As I said in the post you selectively quoted me in from "the org", I am not going to delete X-Plane.  I don't see how this could confuse you, nor do I personally see any humor in it.

I think you are technically correct.  The aircraft is useable in X-Plane 11.  I was confusing the FMC bugs with XP 11.41 compatibility.  It's a known issue, and running community joke, that when flying the 733, especially online, that a re-route from ATC is the worst case scenario.  There is a very real possibility that altering the route will result in the FMC failing. 

In any event, I'll continue to wait for any planned updates.  I'm sure they will be worth it, and I will certainly welcome them, even if X-Plane is no longer my primary flight simulator.

Regards.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After working with Ted from laminar to squash a few bugs in the 3D converter, we have it working and have successfully converted many objects over to the new Blender 3D workflow including some pretty complex ones as well.  My hats off to Ted...this converter was a real lifeline for us.  This was a very very big hurdle to clear.  I expect to have all the objects converted before the weekend is out.  This will effectively restore our 3D workflow and allow us to get back on the cabin / door work in the 3D department.  We still have sounds to convert to FMOD and also our 2D GUI to rework to the new look.   The FMS work will resume once all the 3D conversions are done.   It is unfortunate that all this infrastructure doesn't have anything visual to show for it but I can assure you, its quite significant for IXEG ability to get back on track with improving things.

-tkyler

• Like 9

On 12/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, Iain said:

...., editing aircraft files completely messes up the lights. .......

We have confirmed the issue with Laminar.  They are aware of the issue now and chasing it down.  This issue should resolve itself with a future update from XP.  

-tkyler

• Like 2

Hello,

I just got into IXEG again and after all those years I must say it is my love despite Zibo, Toliss etc...

The plane just feels right and I absolutely trust Jan regarding flight model. Hand flying is pure pleasure with this B733 !

Good to be back to old, good plane :)

Thank you devs for years of joy!!!

On 1/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, tkyler said:

We have confirmed the issue with Laminar.  They are aware of the issue now and chasing it down.  This issue should resolve itself with a future update from XP.  

-tkyler

With a future release of the 737 rather....the ball is in our court.  Its been fixed and will make it out on next update.....yes....a real update!

-tkyler

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...