HotStart TBM 900 - many issues

AgeHawk

Hi, I'm really out of solutions. My TBM900 has been unusable since the purchase, its juts one issue after the other sometimes even a new air-frame is not a solution. I don't want to start repeating my complaints here so I'll just add a link to my posts in X-Plane: HotStart TBM 900 likes sitting or exploding a lot

I have it for about a month now and from day one I have been experiencing different issues and recently, I guess about a week ago, I found out that the parking brakes do not stop it from rolling anymore so I have been using the chocks as a workaround since then. I have other third-party aircraft and I cannot recollect any XP crash while flying them.

I have attached the log file.

TBM900_Log.txt

Edited by AgeHawk

First of all, the parking brakes.  They work like on the real aircraft.  You need to pressurize the brakes first.  Apply brakes normally with pedals or a key stroke.  Please note.  When I say apply brakes, I do not mean apply parking brakes.  Apply BRAKES, then apply parking brakes.  The parking brakes hold the brake pressure.

I'll address one thing you said in your post at x-plane.org.  We ask everyone to please not compare payware aircraft with other payware aircraft.  All payware is created differently, and therefore operates differently when other plugins are thrown into the mix.  

As for your other issues.  Make sure you do not have failures enabled in the X-Plane menu.

Before loading it again at the airport of your choice, try loading it at a default airport with minimal scenery.  A good airport we use for testing is SCIP.  Give that a try and post back results.  Also, if it crashes again, please post your log.txt.  Not your TBM900_log.txt

17 hours ago, Goran_M said:

First of all, the parking brakes.  They work like on the real aircraft.  You need to pressurize the brakes first.  Apply brakes normally with pedals or a key stroke.  Please note.  When I say apply brakes, I do not mean apply parking brakes.  Apply BRAKES, then apply parking brakes.  The parking brakes hold the brake pressure.

Thank you for taking your precious time to reply. About the brakes; I'm using the X52 flight stick and I do apply some pressure before applying parking brakes, besides, it has been working fine. But I have not tried removing the beta mode I configured on the joystick just about the time this issue started - maybe I should try that first.

Updated:

I forgot to mention that the parking brake warning sign goes on when I set the parking brakes, so it recognises that they are on but the aircraft keeps rolling.

We ask everyone to please not compare payware aircraft with other payware aircraft.  All payware is created differently, and therefore operates differently when other plugins are thrown into the mix.

I'm not sure I follow you. I did assume, when I purchased it, that it is in harmony with other plugins and XP as a whole. I'm sorry if this upsets you but you should look at it from my point of view.

As for your other issues.  Make sure you do not have failures enabled in the X-Plane menu.

I never turned that feature on.

Before loading it again at the airport of your choice, try loading it at a default airport with minimal scenery.  A good airport we use for testing is SCIP.  Give that a try and post back results.  Also, if it crashes again, please post your log.txt.  Not your TBM900_log.txt

I have already tried different locations but I will try it at SCIP and give feedback.

Edited by AgeHawk

45 minutes ago, AgeHawk said:

I'm not sure I follow you. I did assume, when I purchased it, that it is in harmony with other plugins and XP as a whole. I'm sorry if this upsets you but you should look at it from my point of view.

Not at all.  It doesn't upset me.  But too many people think that because 1 payware add on works without problems, they all must work without problems.  I just wanted to clear up that this is not the case. 

Check your scenery at your airport.  Many times the scenery can cause the aircraft to "drop" onto the apron or the runway if it isn't created correctly.  

I have tried it in SCIP and EGLL default, flown around and landed several times without issues. I reloaded new flights also without issues. Also tried some hard landings nothing got broken or exploded. I'm still going to try it more in other airports. You may be right that some sceneries are causing the issue. The sceneries it had more issues with are UK2000 EGAC, the freeware EGAC Belfast City and the freeware Project Belfast EGAA4.0. I will also disable these airports and try the default ones.

Anyway, thanks for your concern but I will appreciate it if this can be fixed so that it doesn't drop, explode or crash or lose its gears when loading or collide with invisible objects that may cause an explosion.

I will try an IFR flight that takes about an hour and report back when I have some time.

Edited by AgeHawk

37 minutes ago, AgeHawk said:

I will appreciate it if this can be fixed so that it doesn't drop, explode or crash or lose its gears when loading or collide with invisible objects that may cause an explosion.

This is not something we can control or fix on the "aircraft" side.  This is something the scenery developers need to look into.  

I have been flying the TBM for a while now in both default and third-party airports. It now happens randomly, catches fire in air - oh I even made a video of it - and sometimes on the ground. And of course sometimes it is all fine and I enjoy the flights when it is calm. Perhaps I should fly it more often. 

Anyway, I appreciate your input.

• 5 months later...