Will the CRJ work on my hardware? Test available!

Where as a few days can even be in a few weeks, since a few weeks have a few days  ::)

If i have learned something here, than that time is veeeeeeeery relative.

While for some people "soon" is something that happens within 2-3 days,

for some others "soon" means "2-3 months".

And developers always use the second "soon", when they have absolutely

no clue, when it will be done.  :D

Have you guys thought about releasing a demo of the plane where the plugin sets a 10 minute time limit? Although this test gives info on compatibility, there's no actual way of knowing about the performance. A demo would give us a 100% accurate answer on what performance we would be getting with on the CRJ with no doubts. :)

• Upvote 1

I'd rather it was just released - taking take my chances on it working. X-Aviation support it pretty good, so I wouldn't be worried myself.

Yeah, well if a demo added two weeks extra until release, I would agree with you. :) If it was easy to put together, then I would recommend that they do it. If not, I will take my chances. This is going to be the best for X-Plane. Hopefully Philip's multi-core-friendly plugin will pay off for my dual core.

Did anybody have a "will not work" so far?

Yes, otherwise we wouldn't have created this testing process at all.

Old Macs with ATI GPUs seem to be problematic.

@samen: I'm absolutely stunned. I'd have bet my bottom dollar the Intel graphics would also choke up on this. Glad to see they are not that crappy in the end.

@Perry: Unfortunately, creating a demo is not that easy. Because it is not so easy to hide the "10 minutes" mechanism deep enough in the code, so that The Dark Side ™ can't factor it out easily. Which would be unfair to all our paying customers.

So yes, creating a demo would take quite a lot of time now.

Great to see these good results coming up here!

Cheers,

Philipp

EDIT:

Julio, that looks strange... Texture mapping error. Could you please tell me your OS and X-Plane version, plus your graphics vendor and model, and the driver version?

Yeah I am surprised as well, they are still crappy and I still run on low rendering settings but anyhow it performs better than the old Nvidia's but I think the CPU might have a part to play in that. I hope to upgrade the Video card in a few months :)

Julio, that looks strange... Texture mapping error. Could you please tell me your OS and X-Plane version, plus your graphics vendor and model, and the driver version?

My OS is Windows XP 64 bits.

X-Plane 9.69.

I use a laptop ( I know that it is not a good idea to use it but I don't have other PC at the moment :) ): Intel Core Duo P8400 2.26 GHz, 4 GiB RAM, Graphic card Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD up to 1.3 GiB of memory (using RAM). The driver version is 6.14.10.4953

This is my result... I don't get a black screen nor the full message "CRJ will work"...

crjTEST.jpg

???

That is a clear example of "the crj won't work". Please post your gpu name and cpu, but until you are not able to see it like it should,i wouldn't buy the plane. See if updating drivers it solution that, but maybe is not the solution.

Julio, as Javier said this is probably a GPU/GPU driver issue.

You can try the Intel website (or the website of your notebook manufacturer) if there is a newer driver for your chipset available.

If this doesn't help, I regret to say there is nothing you can do besides using a computer with nVidia GPU.

Frankly, as I said to samen, I'm surprised X-Plane runs _at all_ on this machine. Searching this forum or X-Plane.org you will find dozens of entries of people with Intel chipset graphic where X-Plane doesn't work at all.

Philipp

EDIT: As Javier pointed out, are you by any chance running X-Plane with the "-no-fbos" option?

It works quite nicely.  Do the numbers correlate to anything important?  I was watching them climb, but decided to quit at 70 or so...

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0609

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 3234

It works quite nicely.  Do the numbers correlate to anything important?  I was watching them climb, but decided to quit at 70 or so...

No, they should just count up. They don't have any meaning as a compatibility score or something...

No, they should just count up. They don't have any meaning as a compatibility score or something...

I didn't think they meant anything, if they did there would have been something within the initial write up, or the X-Aviation page that said watch for the number...

Did anybody have a "will not work" so far?

Yes, otherwise we wouldn't have created this testing process at all.

Old Macs with ATI GPUs seem to be problematic.

@samen: I'm absolutely stunned. I'd have bet my bottom dollar the Intel graphics would also choke up on this. Glad to see they are not that crappy in the end.

@Perry: Unfortunately, creating a demo is not that easy. Because it is not so easy to hide the "10 minutes" mechanism deep enough in the code, so that The Dark Side can't factor it out easily. Which would be unfair to all our paying customers.

So yes, creating a demo would take quite a lot of time now.

Great to see these good results coming up here!

Cheers,

Philipp

EDIT:

Cool. Thanks Phillip. I look forward to getting this masterpeice.