VR....almost perfect !

ayousry

Lost hope on skymaxx long time ago since it had cloud rotation and other artifacts in VR , thought Today wd give it a try after latest update, and wow what a difference...good job reducing cloud rotation and the very informative manual...sky is gorgeous.

although all sort of problems seems to happen when i enter a cloud...i get white flashes in the cockpit (as if the clouds billboards is passing through the cockpit)and some double screen artifacts.

is this something that can be fixed for VR?

its a shame since everything else is amazing except those too bugs that breaks the deal

thanks

The "white flashes in the cockpit" seems to only happen with certain aircraft. I did talk to Ben Supnik from Laminar about what is causing them, and unfortunately we didn't come up with a solution. It has to do with differences in how X-Plane handles the depth buffer in VR, and how that interacts with 3D plugins. I'm not entirely sure it's a problem we can solve.

What's weird is that I've never seen it in my own testing (using a Vive Pro and default planes) so it's a tough thing for us to track down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 6:42 AM, Ben Russell said:

VR: Still only 2% of the market.

http://dashboard.x-plane.com/

Maximum effort for minimum market share is good way to waste time.

I respect your opinion but I cannot share it. If that is the opinion for a worker in a job interview, it´s acceptable, but not what I would expect for a management role. If you cannot see the future in VR it only can mean that either you have not used it, or you are jealous of not using it.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:23 PM, ayousry said:

I can provide all the log files and testing if you need a hand with that, i do have some free time, am on a fb group with almost 2000 people waiting eagerly for a weather plugin that really works in VR , and i can see you are so close 

thanks

Can you please let me know the FB group name please? I am one of those "2%" that I only fly with VR, and very proud of being the exception as I am sure you are :)

15 hours ago, ocaravaca said:

If you cannot see the future in VR it only can mean that either you have not used it, or you are jealous of not using it.

He's a developer, owns a VR headset, and I can assure you he's not jealous of not using what he has. He's being realistic and going by statistics; and he's right. When it comes to business, emotions must be removed when making decisions that impact your bottom line.

17 hours ago, ocaravaca said:

I respect your opinion but I cannot share it. If that is the opinion for a worker in a job interview, it´s acceptable, but not what I would expect for a management role. If you cannot see the future in VR it only can mean that either you have not used it, or you are jealous of not using it.

Can you please let me know the FB group name please? I am one of those "2%" that I only fly with VR, and very proud of being the exception as I am sure you are :)

The group is VRAVIATORS , you are most welcome to join , and dont worry if they think we are few, MSFS is being responsive and it will support VR,what i dont understand is that (vr support) is mentioned in product list when the developers themselves believe that it shouldnt be since we are few , am sorry but VR users paid same price too no?!

dissapointing really

Edited by ayousry
  • Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, ayousry said:

I can provide all the log files and testing if you need a hand with that, i do have some free time, am on a fb group with almost 2000 people waiting eagerly for a weather plugin that really works in VR , and i can see you are so close 

thanks

If you have a moment, could you paste in a screenshot of your SkyMaxx pro main settings screen, and let me know what graphics quality setting you have set in X-Plane? I'm trying to look into this "flashing in the cockpit" issue again but I just can't get it to happen. I suspect it's specific to a certain combination of settings. Knowing which aircraft you're using might help too.

Edited by sundog

On 12/13/2019 at 11:32 PM, ayousry said:

There are some other issues too , like low clouds Near mountains , and fog appearing in one eye only, its hard to explain, if you tried one flight in bad weather conditions (ie low vis) you’ll see what am referring to

Thanks, I didn't know about the fog issue. I'm planning to dive into VR again after the holidays and see what can be improved.

• Like 1