Experimental flight model 11.40

janis22

1 hour ago, airfighter said:

Yes. The flight model was fine tuned with the experimental flight model in mind.

Oh.  That's a factor for me.  I tried logging on to these forums last night and I was apparently set to Guest....I posted a big writeup (mostly positive with some comments -my friend and I fly a Beech Musketeer together so naturally I bought this plane).

I don't think I have that checked and have some issues with climb performance being far better than the POH says (at ISA, max gross of 2450 lbs)....overall cruise speeds seem about 15% higher than POH.  That's kinda minor as far as flightsim goes....but if I haven't checked the experimental FM that might be why I see a difference.

Also the glare in the VC is a bit high but Goran told me how to adjust that.  Can't receive a VOR (yes its in range) on the default G430 gps....I get a NAV flag.  Works fine in GPS mode.

Let's see what else....sounds are spot on!  Modelling and texturing is obviously beautiful!  Sometimes the particle system exhaust "shoots" out the front of the aircraft when I was taking some screenshots....again minor but kinda weird.  One other weird thing - I've never seen an Attitude Indicator without index marks for bank....I know this is a 60's era aircraft but it would be nice to have. 

Anyway thanks for a lovely addon

49047109207_a3c688a316_o.pngUntitled-23 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

EDIT:  yep that was the problem....checked the experimental flight model and climb rates are back to normal...cruise settings looking real good!

I also got the RXP GNS430W working (forgot you have to enable it in the XP menu first)

Oh I remember another thing....this is just a feature request.... chance of getting an inner scale of MPH on the airspeed indicator?

49051648606_0bc067fc0d_o.jpgknotsc23 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Also the glare in the VC is a bit high but Goran told me how to adjust that.  Can't receive a VOR (yes its in range) on the default G430 gps....I get a NAV flag.  Works fine in GPS mode.

Works fine, you just have make sure that in the GNS430 is set CDI to VOR, and... see that knob says "VOL"? Make sure that is not fully left, cause the receiver is...as says on the label...OFF! ;)

vor.jpg.f835727f137a4d1d8c4c4ad9918f5112.jpg

Sometimes the particle system exhaust "shoots" out the front of the aircraft when I was taking some screenshots....again minor but kinda weird. 

Is this happen in normal flight or replay? I will have a look anyway.

38 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

EDIT:  yep that was the problem....checked the experimental flight model and climb rates are back to normal...cruise settings looking real good!

At this point does not make sense to release a product that is not compatible with the newest flight model.

One other weird thing - I've never seen an Attitude Indicator without index marks for bank....I know this is a 60's era aircraft but it would be nice to have. 

We missed that. A fix will be ready in a couple days.

38 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Oh I remember another thing....this is just a feature request.... chance of getting an inner scale of MPH on the airspeed indicator?

As in the aircraft the model is based on, there is no MPH scale.

Thank for your kind words and enjoy your new aircraft!

Cheers!

Edited by airfighter

7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

We'll discuss internally and possibly reduce the reflection.  In the meantime, you can open the normal map in photoshop and reduce the opacity in 5% increments until you're happy.  Just back up the original

I do not own photoshop or similar app. Is someone willing to share the modified file to adjust the tint of the windows... it's a bit to bright in low sun conditions

4 minutes ago, Jakob Ludwig said:

I do not own photoshop or similar app. Is someone willing to share the modified file to adjust the tint of the windows... it's a bit to bright in low sun conditions

Yes I couldn't find which nml and I would have tried it in GIMP.
Flying the sundowner at sundown is just a bit too much glare :D

I did adjust this file....it kind of helps....but I think the main issue is the sun shining through the opposite windows casting a shadow or something on the pilot's windows...  So here I've set opacity to around 70% (you lose some of the reflections on the gauges but they were a little extra "glassy" for my liking so I don't mind.

Anyway the sun "glare" is pretty rough

49074645502_4a2e20edcb_o.jpgglare by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Another issue I'm seeing is stall speed....  in a dirty config I'm basically having the nose drop out of the sky at 65 kias.  It should be below that at least looking at the airspeed indicator.  This is usually around short approach where if I don't carry extra speed she tends to plummet out of the sky.  POH says 68 kts for 50 ft obstacle...or 61 without.   This is at less than gross 2450 but I've also tried at 2450 lbs and found about 65 kts is the absolute slowest I can go with full flaps.

Edited by ryanbatc

55 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I did adjust this file....it kind of helps....but I think the main issue is the sun shining through the opposite windows casting a shadow or something on the pilot's windows...  So here I've set opacity to around 70% (you lose some of the reflections on the gauges but they were a little extra "glassy" for my liking so I don't mind.

Anyway the sun "glare" is pretty rough

glare by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Another issue I'm seeing is stall speed....  in a dirty config I'm basically having the nose drop out of the sky at 65 kias.  It should be below that at least looking at the airspeed indicator.  This is usually around short approach where if I don't carry extra speed she tends to plummet out of the sky.  POH says 68 kts for 50 ft obstacle...or 61 without.   This is at less than gross 2450 but I've also tried at 2450 lbs and found about 65 kts is the absolute slowest I can go with full flaps.

Working on an update to address a couple of issues of the first release, including an option on the iPad home page to set the reflection high/low, and also tweaking the flight model at this exactly region, plus a couple more additions.