3D data for homecockpit building?

Protonmw

I think it's the same size as the TBM 850. It's tiny (no, seriously).

I can't even get down the cabin without getting wedged in. The pilot door is a must for people like me.

When sat in the pilot's seat, you can reach out and touch the other side of the cockpit with an out-stretched hand.

The top of the panel is about eye-height. I hit the yoke with my knees, and hardly clear the bottom of the panel when operating the rudder.

Officially:

• Cabin Height: 4 ft
  • Cabin Width: 3 ft 11"

Yeah... and this is "spacious" compared to the Meridian (I can't fly it because I can't get in it).

Pro tip: be short if you want to be a pilot.

The sim feels spacious vs. reality. Once seated it's OK, but getting in (especially up-front) takes some dexterity if you're 6 ft 4" tall.

Edited by EGT

12 hours ago, EGT said:

I think it's the same size as the TBM 850. It's tiny (no, seriously).

I can't even get down the cabin without getting wedged in. The pilot door is a must for people like me.

When sat in the pilot's seat, you can reach out and touch the other side of the cockpit with an out-stretched hand.

The top of the panel is about eye-height. I hit the yoke with my knees, and hardly clear the bottom of the panel when operating the rudder.

Officially:

• Cabin Height: 4 ft
  • Cabin Width: 3 ft 11"

Yeah... and this is "spacious" compared to the Meridian (I can't fly it because I can't get in it).

Pro tip: be short if you want to be a pilot.

The sim feels spacious vs. reality. Once seated it's OK, but getting in (especially up-front) takes some dexterity if you're 6 ft 4" tall.

LOL What you describe can be true for 99% of GA aircraft. However, by my standards TBM cockpit space is huge and specious comparing with most aircraft I fly !

jameswynbrandt_tbm-900_web.jpg